Author Topic: Basic firearms build  (Read 3787 times)

Grone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Basic firearms build
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:52:18 am »
Hi there,

New player here - would like a link to a "cookie cutter" mechanical pistols build. Been planning to play this for forever and really want to try pistols. Now with the new patch, it looks like it should be viable on Hard? :)

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Basic firearms build
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 07:48:09 am »
There you go:

https://underrail.info/build/?DAUNBwMGAwZGMgAAAAAyPDIyHjIaEgAAAAAARgAAIysXGR1ZKls6w5Lfvw

I'm playing different pistol build now, I went with Versatility and 3 Perception. The idea was to min-max Bullet Time and create powerful alpha strike, so I figured Point Shot and Rapid Fire would not be necessary. The build is coming together but I regret how weak it was on lower levels (Point Shot is amazing but its releative benefits slowly decrease once you get more shots per turn).

So I came up with this one instead.

Stats: You need 17 Dex, pick Increased Dexterity feat at lvl 26. You have one spare stat point which can go to
- Dex (Initiative, skills, throwing, AP reduction but not under Bullet Time, you only need 17 Dex for best Bullet time)
- Per (Accuracy and damage)
- Int (Skills, access to Skinner and Gun Nut feats)

Skills: Guns, 70 Temporal Manipulation, 30 Electronics for laser sight, 20 chemistry for W2C bullets, 100+ effective mechanics for crafting best hand mounted cannon of doom. Other than that, seriously consider investing in:
- Max throwing. With so high dex your throwing will get ridiculous. You can combine it with Fatal Throw. Pistols have wide damage range, expect enemies to not get instatly deleted after 1 shot. Many of them will be below 25% hitpoints. So, throw a knife, delete him, get 18 (27 fully specced) AP back. Or, pick Three-Pointer feat and enjoy 50%+ crit chance on your grenades.
- Chemistry for those Mark V geenades
- Biology for focus stim
- Evasion for not dying
- Tailoring for Infused Rathound leather armor and tabi boots
- Stealth 80 for Blindsiding feat.

Feats: Lot's of room there, pick what you like. You need Increased Dexterity at lvl 26. I recommend Fatal Throw and Recklessness. But you can really pick whatever you like: Nimble, Grenadier, Blindsiding, Ambush, Expertise for when you are not criting, crafting feats if 7 int, Sprint, Pack Rathound, Psychotempral Acceleration...

Spells:
- Psychotemporal contraction (duh)
- Limited temporal increment (Point shot -> LTI -> Point shot again, also cooldowns on grenades)
- Psychotemporal dilation (Premeditation + dilation+ moving few steps back can disable one enemy, that's why pick Premeditation at lvl 6)
- Statis. Cast it on the end of Bullet time turn (after Premeditation). You are immortal for two turns as angry enemies get close to you. Then you start your turn and Bullet Time is still up! (I tested it. It works. 2 turns of Bullet Time for you all :D). You are surrounded now, which is excellent news because now you can shoot at every direction. On Bullet Time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 07:25:41 am by Turbodevil »

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 08:06:33 am »
Gear:

- Rapid .44 Hammerer LS, Rapid Smart .44 Hammerer, Rapid 9mm Falchion LS, Rapid Smart 9mm Falchion, Throwing Gloves. Pick what you like and adjust. You can use lower calibers on early levels, but as your Dexterity increases use heavier guns (better returns on rapid reloader, better crit chance, better damage)
- W2C bullets. Pistols are very ammo efficient. Finish depot A, visit foundry, buy crafting recipe, stock up on W2C ammo, load it and never worry about enemy armor again
- Seeker Nigh Vision Goggles. You can buy pair of good enough goggles so don't really need electronics. But you can choose to get Electronics if you dont find goggles at shop, intend to use smart module, need better energy shield etc
- Infused Rathound Leather Armor
- Tabi boots of your choice, preferably Infused (Greater) Siphoner Leather
- Hardcore chips
- Adrenaline shot + Focus stim
- Bullet strap belt

Grone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 03:07:28 pm »
Thanks alot! Very useful.