Author Topic: The value of perception  (Read 1366 times)

nick16

• Noob
    • View Profile
The value of perception
« on: April 21, 2021, 11:43:08 am »
So, same question as I had with Dexterity a while back.
How much is perception worth for a heavy melee character?
By itself, probably not much, but I plan to utilize Snooping to get some hidden passaged, which I hope will ease me through the areas containing non-organic security.
As far as I found out so far, the best way to survive the mines in the junkyard is bandages and quicksaves, so it's really only hidden passages in the early- and mid-game (Afterwards, I hope to smash through) and.... I suppose that's it?
Will 5 do, or can I reduce it by one to get more Constitution or will?
The first two points are probably going into strength so I can wear heavy equipment.
Edit: Actually, there may be stealthed enemies. I'll go with 5 Perception, and in turn, only 5 will and 9 constitution, as well.

Slot

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: The value of perception
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 03:03:47 pm »
It's worthless for melee. Snooping + per goggles + per food is good enough for most perception checks, and you can solve the rest later in the game when you get access to a specific medicine.

To detect traps invest some points (40-60) in Traps skill.

Paranoia is a nice feat, more detection, initiative and reduced chance to be critted.

Detecting stealthy characters is hard in this game, 5 per is not sufficient. There are detection goggles. But I wouldn't count on it.

What do you need Will for?

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 10:49:58 pm »
This is a spam account. You need perception to spot them.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 04:45:10 am »
Damn, didn't notice. Why are they doing it though? Link in op has noopener noreferrer (which means internet crawlers won't follow it) and crawlers tend to ignore forums either way.