Author Topic: Non-crafted weapons  (Read 1059 times)

Karvev

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Non-crafted weapons
« on: April 22, 2021, 01:48:43 am »
So, are there any usable non crafted weapons? I mean not the top quality, but do they spawn with mods so that electroshock pistol can be usable as non-crafting build? I remember seeing a few silenced pistols/scoped rifles in the game but thats it. Is there a reliable way of getting one, maybe special merchandise, or high tier loot?

TheSidewalkSLAM

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Non-crafted weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:09:42 am »
The game is designed such that the best gear will always be crafted, but crafted gear is better because of the control you have over what's included in the item as much as it is because of the raw stats. More specialized random items are possible but much more rare, to an extent. For example, you'll regularly find, say, 9mm Neo Lugers in shops and carried by NPCs, but you will not so often find LS 9mm Neo Lugers in the same places, and Im not certain you'll ever find LS 9mm Neo Luger XMs; in my experience I cant recall a firearm with 2 attachments appearing in loot or a shop. However, there are some item varieties that seem not to generate randomly at all: smart module guns are one of those, sturdy-vest riot gear/tac vests seem to be another, and unfortunately with electroshock pistols specifically Ive never seen them spawn uncrafted (and because of this I didnt even know they existed for multiple runs).
My guess as to why things are this way is because the components I mentioned are things that werent part of the game in the earliest builds, so integration in random loot was either neglected or purposefully omitted. Regardless, those particular modules are limited to crafting characters in the current patch.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Non-crafted weapons
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 06:25:18 pm »
All weapons are usable as they are, they just aren't optimized.  Luckily for us, you don't need to be optimized to beat this game.
*eurobeat intensifies*