Author Topic: Subterfuge oriented build assistance for a new player  (Read 2359 times)

gykdu1

• Noob
    • View Profile
Subterfuge oriented build assistance for a new player
« on: April 26, 2021, 10:45:24 pm »
After trying a few build ideas, I think I want to go through my first playthrough as a subterfuge oriented character, both for ease of play and to experience a wide amount of the game. With that in mind, this is my build at level 1
https://underrail.info/build/?AQYEBwMKAwcPAAAAAAAPDw8AAA8AAAAPAAAAAA8ADwHfvw

I'm thinking of using snipers for distance and shotguns for up close; any critiques or suggestions? Am I going to be missing out on much if I drop crafting entirely and put the points into evasion and pickpocketing?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:41:54 am by gykdu1 »

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Subterfuge oriented build assistance for a new player
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 06:59:48 am »
Looks solid. As for crafting, you need at least 120 effective mechanics to craft best weapon. 7 Int is for specific crafting feats, if you don't want them lower it to 6 which is for Premeditation feat (if you want to use psionics, Temporal Manipulation is obvious choice for many builds). You could use more points in Dexterity for Leading Shot feat and / or throwing feats (grenades are strong).

Electronics for crafting Energy shield is widely considered better than evasion. Tailoring will help you have more defense and movement points. Best part of crafting is that you can customize your gear to do exactly what you need and I wouldn't skip it.

gykdu1

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Subterfuge oriented build assistance for a new player
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 10:12:32 pm »
Awesome, sounds good! I'll definitely consider those feats; I hadn't even considered energy shields up to this point, so I may work that into my gameplan as well now