Author Topic: Crashes  (Read 940 times)

dnemes

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crashes
« on: May 19, 2021, 09:42:58 pm »
I'm not sure if these can be fixed at all, but:

I've encountered two recurring and annoying crashes when playing Underrail Expedition 1.1.3.0.
The first was during area transitions in the Abandoned Waterways Facility.
It could happen between any areas which form the facility. See attached logs below.

The other one basically makes a part of the game unplayable, namely I cannot finish expedition.

In Abyssal station, after doing an area transition from the entrance area to the south, the transition is successful, but on the other side the game instantly crashes. Any feedback on that would be appreciated.

Please see the crash-logs attached.

(It seems like my RAM is not enough?)

Cheers!

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Crashes
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 10:21:57 am »
Have you tried restarting the game? Even if you meet the memory requirements, sometimes the game can run out of memory after long paying sessions, and these big maps sure make the issue worse.

As a side note, updating the game to 1.1.3.5 wouldn't hurt for various other minor crash fixes.

dnemes

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 11:33:40 am »
I suspect, it was a RAM problem, but not in the way I expected. I play Underrail on a mac, through a wine port, and it was due to the nature of wine. For some reason wine doesn't allocate enough RAM for the app to run smoothly. It led to occasional lags, but nothing serious until these maps. I suspect that the RAM limitation only became a crash-kinda problem when on these big maps.

(Resets were tried, and RAM was supposedly flushed, so that didn't exactly help.)

I got an old PC reinstalled with way worse specs, transferred my saves, and finished the game. Without any issues.

So yeah. Thanks anyway for checking back.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 08:28:09 am »
I suspect, it was a RAM problem, but not in the way I expected. I play Underrail on a mac, through a wine port, and it was due to the nature of wine. For some reason wine doesn't allocate enough RAM for the app to run smoothly. It led to occasional lags, but nothing serious until these maps. I suspect that the RAM limitation only became a crash-kinda problem when on these big maps.

(Resets were tried, and RAM was supposedly flushed, so that didn't exactly help.)

I got an old PC reinstalled with way worse specs, transferred my saves, and finished the game. Without any issues.

So yeah. Thanks anyway for checking back.

No problem, mate. Glad you found a solution. Cheers!