Author Topic: Rate my Hammer Wizard  (Read 2305 times)

qwertys1305

• Noob
    • View Profile

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Rate my Hammer Wizard
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 05:39:42 pm »
Looks pretty good. I Definitely would make some tweaks but your build is really strong especially for a noobie. Only a couple things that I really think you should consider is acceleration is way too good of a feat to skip. Also 8 will only means slightly more damage for your psi but if you go with 7 will and take that point and put it into strength you lose out on no feats and makes it so you have 20 strength with food and adrenaline allowing for Balors to be used while having max CtH. Even 18 strength with food means 85% CtH which  is enough with Balors when you have the tankiness of hammer wizard. You basically one shot everything so missing 3 swings out of 20 isn’t a huge deal.

Well done

Edit: I guess you actually would lose out on optimization which if you are using 2 schools you shouldn’t be using anyway. Forgot about that but I still think Balors would be better overall even if you use flexibility though that’s really up to you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 05:54:29 pm by KnifegaF »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 08:45:03 pm »
Snort.

Play a hammer wi-

Oh, carry on.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 09:25:50 am »
There are a few things that I'd like to point out:

>9 Constitution
You dont take Last Stand nor Thick Skull. While these are not mandatory feats they make tanking much easier and makes life much bearable. You can do without tho.
>No Conditioning
This is a huge no-no, it's damage reduction that covers a lot of things you get thrown at and it's even increased by constitution, by default all characters that want to tank take Conditioning
>Boost intimidation but doesnt take Yell nor Brutality
Unless you really care for dialog Intimidation checks, there's no reason to boost Intimidation without Yell nor Brutalility, and it's highly encouraged to take Yell and max out Intimidation since Intimidation gets boosted by STR. Brutality also, to lesser extend.
All builds benefit from Mercantile, because it will give you better monetary rewards, better trade deals and you will unlock secret merchant special stock, which is very useful for crafting, which you totally should craft.
In the same line of thought, if you care for dialog checks you should also boost Persuasion.
>8 Will for Psycho-Neural Optimization
Not needed, tho not the worst, while it's true PK will eat a lot of psi per cast all by itself, remenber you will have Fast Metabolism boosting the psi gain from Psi Booster, and said boosters only have a 2 turn cooldown, it's very unlikely you will run out of psi.
But the problem is that you took TM, which means you will have most likely TM Contraction and Stasis innverated at some point, if you do then you will lose the bonus from Psycho Neural Optimization.
I highly disapprove the use of Time Manipulation, but that's my own bias, however I encourage getting some Thought Control so you can kill Doppelgangers.
All of this considered, I dont recommend you getting that feat, and if you dont might as well reduce Will to 7.
>6 Intelligence
It will allow you to get a 5th psi slot, which if you plan to use TM it will come handy, otherwise for an extra psi slot I wouldnt take it, you will be fine at 5 intelligence, you will have 4 psi slots
>Weaponsmith
Highly unneeded since you wont rely on crits of sledgehammers, and sledgehammers crit rarely, tho it's not the worst choice of feat
>Empowered PK
It's good but arguably Iron Will will be more useful, since you already hit very hard with PK.

Also you didnt assign your spec points.
Overall if you play in Medium difficulty you will be steamroll the game easily.

*Snort*
*Snort*