Author Topic: Crystal Mainframe vision requirement  (Read 2075 times)

Vu1pes

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crystal Mainframe vision requirement
« on: June 14, 2021, 07:56:57 pm »
I'm pasting in the text from the dialogue files to the wiki and saw the following:

"As the Leviathan circles around a red planet, from half a galaxy away an invisible spear is hurled. It warps the space-time as it races towards its target, dislodging planets and shattering stars. These tell-tale signs will arrive too late to warn the creature of its impending doom, though."

and

"The egg is cold and dark on the outside, but as you pass the membrane you can see and feel the hot core within."

These would seem to relate to (Focus on the two large objects revolving around one another) and (Focus on the nearby superheated object) respectively, but I can't trigger them to appear with an 18 will thought controller. I'm sort of out of my depth where reverse-engineering the game is concerned, does anyone know what ability score is related to these so I can put a caveat in the wiki article?
Don't be impertinent, especially not in such ignorance.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Mainframe vision requirement
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 11:28:20 pm »
I believe the mainframe results are randomly chosen per play through, and you only need a certain will threshold to see them. I got the first one to appear on a 7 will build, but I have also gotten it on a 14 will build.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 01:50:41 am »
Ive heard the crystal mainframe needs metathermics and psychokinesis as well.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Vu1pes

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 04:05:19 am »
Ive heard the crystal mainframe needs metathermics and psychokinesis as well.
Just tested this on a MT character and got the second dialogue, stands to reason the first one is PK-related. Still can't figure out the exact threshold though.
Don't be impertinent, especially not in such ignorance.

Anka

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 04:18:57 am »
For each of the visions you need 80~100 effective skill on a psi school, regardless of will

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 04:01:11 pm »
its need bit of every school and will

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 04:15:26 am »
I think that each respective vision is based on each psionic discipline and that you need said psionic discipline at a certain skill level the see the vision. I think that it's around 70-75 or so but I'm not entirely sure.

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 12:06:56 pm »
Speaking of the mainframe, I only realized this playthrough that it says that only 3 "Godmen" remain. I wonder if one of them is staying on their moon to be ready to fire at Leviathans that get too big, or if we'll get to see all 3 in sequels.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 04:51:54 pm »
Speaking of the mainframe, I only realized this playthrough that it says that only 3 "Godmen" remain. I wonder if one of them is staying on their moon to be ready to fire at Leviathans that get too big, or if we'll get to see all 3 in sequels.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think the 3rd Godman is dead. Tchort talks about how their thoughts are like cool pure water from glacial springs, implying that he has previously encountered and consumed a Godman, probably from killing one himself. The faceless imply that Tchort’s influence is more toxic to beings with complex minds, and since the faceless are part Godman, this would mean that Tchort’s influence is especially toxic against a regular Godman. It also provides a reason for why Six doesn’t help you more with killing Tchort.