Author Topic: [Spoiler Character] dialogue curiosity  (Read 1820 times)

Vu1pes

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[Spoiler Character] dialogue curiosity
« on: June 16, 2021, 10:27:42 pm »
I've been skimming through the dialogue for Azif and saw this:

"One of the things I found quite surprising in your tale, though - beside the things he spoke about - is that you dared attack him and lived to tell the tale. It is fascinating, though of lesser importance now... "

Implying a contingency for attacking Six and not getting merked. To my knowledge, there's only three places where this can happen:
1. Lower floor of Oculus while he's still there (although attacking him there would make the oculites hostile and render the dialogue moot),
2. West wing of the institute, where he can be attacked without outside retaliation (I guess you could take a potshot at him and leave the area?),
3. Entrance to Hollow Earth in Deep Caverns (Ditto, though I imagine it makes getting the mykocardia way harder).

Obviously there's no way to kill him since he's immune to all damage types (I tried Hoddurform and the Ethereal Torch for shadow/light damage, neither effective), but has anyone ever triggered this dialogue?
Don't be impertinent, especially not in such ignorance.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoiler Character] dialogue curiosity
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 11:50:52 pm »
It probably only triggers after encountering him at the institute, since you can resist his mental pressure and cause him to attack you.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 01:05:00 am »
Where are you finding this dialogue?
*eurobeat intensifies*

Vu1pes

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 03:49:44 am »
Where are you finding this dialogue?

In the game's data directory, under dialogs > characters > azif
Don't be impertinent, especially not in such ignorance.

recombinantOctagon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 06:29:42 am »
It probably only triggers after encountering him at the institute, since you can resist his mental pressure and cause him to attack you.

Think I'll give this a shot in my next playthrough and see if I can get it to pop up. Though I'd wager it's likely just unused dialogue that Styg didn't bother to remove from the game's files.