Author Topic: Stabilization Wings should give an accuracy bonus rather than a range bonus  (Read 1432 times)

Drizzle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Spear Throw's issue has never truly been damage but rather accuracy. Not only does the attack take into account the target's evasion skill (forcing you to use nets on high evasion NPCs, because no sane Spear build goes higher than 7 Dexterity), it also receives lighting penalties, which means you can't use it effectively in dark areas without a point blank shot or flares/molotovs. I suggest that the fixed +3 range buff be instead changed into a fixed +20% (or more) Spear Throw accuracy. The damage bonuses can remain the same.

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
100% agree with this

Steppe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I second (third?) this statement

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
I hate to agree with plebs, but switching out the damage bonus (or some of it) for a precision bonus (or increased optimal range) would be better imo.  I've never used spear throw myself though, so grain of salt.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
buffed damage lowers distance that need to be traveled to kill target, thus allowing throw spear from lesser distance and increasing accuracy this way