Author Topic: Lunatic Gunners - not human?  (Read 4918 times)

Lohengrin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Lunatic Gunners - not human?
« on: October 13, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »
Hey all - just wondering, are the Lunatic Gunners (near the SGS compound) not human? I've tried to use Cut Throat on them a few times, and they resist every time. There's no combat message that says they're immune or resist, it just has no effect (other than the normal damage).

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Lunatic Gunners - not human?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 05:39:33 pm »
I can assure you they are human since the bilocation which only works on human also works on them.

Lohengrin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 02:27:30 am »
Are some NPCs 100% resistant? Or is it a random seed thing, or armor? I ran into this issue again with one of the thugs in a shack to the west of Junkyard. He resisted every time, even after a reload (maybe a dozen reloads)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:20:05 am »
Are some NPCs 100% resistant? Or is it a random seed thing, or armor? I ran into this issue again with one of the thugs in a shack to the west of Junkyard. He resisted every time, even after a reload (maybe a dozen reloads)

They have to be unaware of your presence. That is, you have to be stealthed and undetected at the time of the attack.

Lohengrin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 12:52:16 pm »

They have to be unaware of your presence. That is, you have to be stealthed and undetected at the time of the attack.

They're unaware if the eye is not red, correct? I am sneaking up behind them, and it's still yellow/orange.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 01:32:19 pm »
Ok, I'll give it a go and see if I get the same results.

Niven

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 04:23:24 pm »
cut throat works, works great in fact, but your probably running into the same problem i had when first aquiring this feat. You need to be behind the target and undetected, behind the target tho, or else no stun, no bleed :) cheers

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 06:17:41 pm »
Did you check right afterwards if you were able to hit the enemy by normal means with a melee weapon?

There is one issue with melee fighting in general: The melee range is very limited, it's less then 1 tile actually but no two characters can stand on a same tile. This has the consequence that a NPC (or the player) can stands between two or more tiles when the turn based mode was initiated while he was moving or when he didn't have enough MP to complete his movement to the desired tile. If there are enough "free" tiles around him your character will move to the tile he can attack from and strike, but if there is only one tile next to the enemy and he's blocking it partially you won't be able to hit him with melee, or in your case with Cut-Throat which is melee range.

Edit: This can be tested easily with any melee enemy and a door, for example rathounds in the underground outposts with the fence doors. Spend all your MP with only 1 or 2 left and move to the last tile between you and the enemy. He won't be able to hit you because you're "barely" standing on a tile he would have to walk on but he can't because it counts as occupied. Like I said, the same applies to the enemy placing so I bet this happened to you. In my last melee game I had this situation only maybe 3 or 4 times but it does happen. The solution would be to increase the melee range just below 1 tile so you can't hit enemies across 1 whole tile but can hit those that partially stand on it.

Edit 2: lol Niven I didn't even notice that you resurrected a 1 1/2 years old thread. Why would you do that in an unfinished fast changing game? Still, the issue I described is yet present.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:37:34 pm by Wildan »