Author Topic: Zone transition/Saving issue after 1.1.4.2  (Read 1247 times)

Auriga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Zone transition/Saving issue after 1.1.4.2
« on: July 06, 2021, 09:40:13 pm »
Hi.

So. On 1.1.4.1 and prior, the game would work flawlessly. Since the patch, I've been experiencing these issues:
1. I loaded the save in the SGS. I was unable to change floors (zone transition failed error). Disabling the setting to autosave on transition helped, although I can't help to say that I like this feature, and turning a legit option off to prevent an issue is... weird. ;)

2. Once I "fixed" this issue, I noticed I can't quicksave with F5 anymore. I get an error. I can do the old-fashioned saving normally.

3. Minor issue: there are no thumbnails for saves/loads.

There has been zero software/hardware changes inbetween patches. I played the game successfully literally 24h ago.
Steam validated game files successfully. No improvement.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Zone transition/Saving issue after 1.1.4.2
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 11:55:32 pm »
Other people (myself included) are having troubles overwriting saves.  Have to do new manual ones.

I'm also getting weird slow-downs and blacked-out animations during some fights.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Makfar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 12:05:02 am »
I am also experience the saving and transition error along i had to turn off auto save because of the transition error and i get the can't save with f5

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 10:35:33 am »
Often when the game is updated, the anti-virus will prevent the underrail.exe from writing to the disk. Make sure you whitelist underrail.exe with your AV.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 10:36:23 am »
I'm also getting weird slow-downs and blacked-out animations during some fights.

This could be a separate issue. Where does this happen and can it be reproduced with some reliability?

Auriga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 11:09:13 am »
Often when the game is updated, the anti-virus will prevent the underrail.exe from writing to the disk. Make sure you whitelist underrail.exe with your AV.

Okay, that was an easy fix. Thank you! Now I'm a bit embarrassed that I asked. ;)

Speaking of which, would it be possible to make some sort of a "common issues" thread and list these issues there?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 11:12:47 am by Auriga »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 01:40:23 pm »

Okay, that was an easy fix. Thank you! Now I'm a bit embarrassed that I asked. ;)

Speaking of which, would it be possible to make some sort of a "common issues" thread and list these issues there?
That's a good idea. There's one regarding Avast AV specifically on Steam, but that's outdated and not general enough. My experience is, though, that people still post the same problem even if there is a stickied thread though. :)