Author Topic: Make room for weak abilities: Split Psi into multiple categories based on cost  (Read 1189 times)

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
Minimal exertion (<20 base cost) Minor exertion (20-40 base cost) Medium exertion (40-60 base cost) Major exertion  (>60 base cost)

Also you would still be able to innervate abilities in different slots, however they will cost 0.5% more psi the farther it is from the minimum of their intended slot (Example Bilocation has 60 cost and will be increased by 20% if put in a minimal exertion slot)

Example for hybrid thought control + temporal with 8 slots: Instead of just having the strongest abilities (Enrage, LTI, Mental Breakdown, Neural Overload, Bilocation, Stasis, Psycho-Temporal Acceleration)

You would probably have something like (Minimal: Neural Overload, Psi Cognitive Interruption  or Temporal Distortion) (Minor: LTI, Frighten) (Medium: Psycho Temporal Contraction, Stasis) (Major: Mental Breakdown, Enrage)

One problem with implementing this though is that unless we find some other way to divide the Psi slots we might need to increase the minimum psi slots to at least 4 and the maximum to maybe 12.

My idea on how to do it is you start with 1 of each slot at 3 INT and increase that to 2 minimal and 1 of the others at 4 int, 2 minor and 2 minimal at 6 int, 2 of all but major at 8 int, and finally 2 of all at 10 int.

Perhaps with higher INT it keeps increasing up to 3 of all at 18 int? After all currently there isn't much reason to raise INT past 8.

EDIT: Edited base post quite a bit
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 06:47:17 am by xnmh »
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Give weaker abilities more use: Split Psi into three categories
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 09:06:54 pm »
Can you detail?

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 02:31:47 am »
Sure, what do I detail on? Everything? If you don't reply within 2 days im going to assume everything and put some examples as well
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 05:10:26 am »
Yea man everything

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Made some major changes to post, requesting feedback.

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
It would be an interesting system that's for sure

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Any way to include currently unused skills due to PSI slot limits would be a boon.