Author Topic: A crash while typing random numbers in the stack split window.  (Read 948 times)

Auriga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hello,

While I'm still collecting issues and suggestions from my first playthrough, this one causes a crash and I thought it calls for a separate thread.

I noticed some "odd" behavior of the stack splitting window. I thought I noticed that there was a certain period of time when typing a digi would put that digit in the window (replacing any previous digit), and after a while, that digit would be appended to the end of the previous one. I thought I would try reproducing it, so I initiated a split and just typed random numbers there. Boom, a crash.

EDIT: I tried this a second time, and I was able to reproduce it. It looks like the crash only happens when you really want to spam a lot of numbers at the same time with the window open.

The log is below:

Game Version: 1.1.4.4
Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Określony argument jest spoza zakresu prawidłowych wartości.
Nazwa parametru: startIndex
   w System.String.Insert(Int32 startIndex, String value)
   w r6.a(String A_0)
   w r6.a(Keys A_0, ReadOnlyCollection`1 A_1, Boolean A_2)
   w r6.hk(Object A_0, ajk A_1)
   w cve.hk(Object A_0, ajk A_1)
   w eem.a(eos A_0, dmw A_1, a6h A_2)
   w eem.ky(eos A_0)
   w r6.ky(eos A_0)
   w eem.ky(eos A_0)
   w bhw.ky(eos A_0)
   w eem.ky(eos A_0)
   w b9b.ky(eos A_0)
   w eek.dr(eos A_0)
   w a7k.a(eos A_0)
   w rg.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   w d70.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   w byo.a(String[] A_0)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:38:10 am by Auriga »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: A crash while typing random numbers in the stack split window.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 08:48:05 am »
What stack are you trying to split? How many items are in it?

I could not reproduce it so far.

Auriga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: A crash while typing random numbers in the stack split window.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 09:02:06 am »
Okay, I was silly enough to not save a game at that point, and I don't remember. Sorry.

I tried all stacks in my inventory, and the only one I was able to trigger it with (although very randomly) is a stack of 6 Mechanical Repair Kits.