Author Topic: (SPOILER) Utility tower's end  (Read 2130 times)

Bansse

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
(SPOILER) Utility tower's end
« on: July 18, 2021, 02:26:27 pm »
Yo!

So I've been trying to 'fight' against the boss in utility tower (on dominating). The frost boss who wants you to solve little puzzle by choosing the correct answer for the 6 different restless corpses but I'm stuck at the last corpse who only gives me the option to Give in.

I've forced to die multiples time due to this and I start to wonder if I need to pass a willpower test or maybe I need to give the restless corpses their things in a specific order. Please someone help me for this one, I'm just so close to complete this frozen hell and I don't know if its a bug or not since the other 5 corpses are giving me the puzzle questions unlike the last remaining one.

(I posted the screenshot of the problem, I tried spamming the corpses multiple times but it only gives me the options to give him the directions)

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: (SPOILER) Utility tower's end
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 08:11:10 pm »
wait him to call for help

Bansse

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 12:02:04 am »
I tried but he just keeps spamming the "I need fresh air" even after minutes of running in circle to escape the ice ghost but I'm starting to think that my game is just bugged and that I should report it.

Except if there is an hidden puzzle for the last corpse because its always the last one who's like that.
But thanks for the reply anyway!

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 08:09:26 am »
your response might be incorrect, so you are locked out

Bansse

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: (SPOILER) Utility tower's end SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 10:42:10 am »
Welp problem solved I just had to choose the north option for the last corpse when he asks for direction. And to think that I spend hours just spamming the wrong options for the last restless corpse.
At least there is no bug I was just choosing the wrong option.

Dog

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 07:50:34 pm »
was this part of the new update? where do I find it?

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 05:45:31 am »
was this part of the new update? where do I find it?
It's in Upper underrail, accessible via the Eos complex.

Auriga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 07:51:41 am »
There's a boss???

I reached a body with some headgear and I thought that's it.

Cassidy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 05:48:21 pm »
I suppose the boss is exclusive for Dominating difficulty. Great place for scavenging high quality crafting components regardless and interesting as a piece of environmental storytelling.

While climbing this particular area that grew ever colder with altitude, I was wondering if the surface world in the setting became long ago a frozen wasteland due to a new ice age or a more permanent situation of a dying, dimming sun, even hoping for a glimpse of it on top through a gap amidst the rubble and permafrost of a collapsed and no longer accessible surface access. I was sort of disappointed that was not the case and this area by itself doesn't really show or tell anything certain about the surface, for the fact it gets colder doesn't necessarily mean the surface is the reason for it, thus the actual reason for the migration to the underground remains a mystery. Perhaps in Infusion there will be somewhere a more solid and clear hint of what apocalyptic event or events happened to the surface.

On the other hand there is nothing that disproves the surface world in Underrail is, among other things, a now centuries-old frozen wasteland from whence the megacorps and those lucky enough to get in with the apex technocrats escaped before it was too late. This area may be circumstantial evidence of that unless the real explanation for its freezing climate is psionics.