Author Topic: Heavy machine guns? Miniguns?  (Read 1820 times)

Ivan Bajlo

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Heavy machine guns? Miniguns?
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:21:54 am »
I found Dragunov sniper rifle so I it would be fun if had some extra fire power in the game, cool stuff like M2 Browning since we already have 12,7mm ammo.

These would primarily serve for static defense either manned or as automated turrets which at the moment are pretty weak against metal armor and player could use it if he wants to use brute force instead of brain or stealth for quests.... of course it would take several trips to drag machine gun, supporting tripod and enough ammo to make it useful but once operational clearing up United Stations embassy should be really easy.  :D

intensity

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy machine guns? Miniguns?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 01:29:55 am »
Personally I would like to see a lot more energy weapons, acid guns... To me it's obvious that people have guns as it would be an easy means to and end, but I always thought that it's highly impractical in a subterranean, tunnel and cave filled environment due to the way sounds works.

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:51:41 am »
Machineguns would be cool, High ammo use, Maybe no ability to single shot (balance wise) and have them like other weapons, with 5mm, 7.62, 8.6, 9mm, 12.7 in different chassis, use the AR sprite? (as I remember reading ages back that its quite expensive getting new sprites made) and have high weights. Making them practicably the only weapon you can carry without less loot space/armour?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:19:56 am »
No new weapon classes will be added for reasons discussed many times, and besides, machine guns and miniguns only make sense as stationary defenses so if I would add them to the game it would certainly be in form of turrets.

On the other hand, more energy and chemical weapons will be added.