Author Topic: Clothier feat affects padding too  (Read 736 times)

PanPannik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Clothier feat affects padding too
« on: August 06, 2021, 01:25:09 am »
Plain and simple. Be it Galvanic, High Density, Insulating or Soft Foam, it is still synthetic material. It would give more reasons to pick the feat than the few available, since it's a versatile component used for many types of armor. I don't mind going naked caveman against electric threats, but enhancing the option of protecting oneself by crafting at least gives a range of survivability, if lesser, other than getting the Tesla Armor. Same thing with cold protection of insulating material vs Bison leather. If the idea takes away reasons for investing stealth skill points, it can be a lower percentage while keeping the fabric bonus the same.

Also, many leather outfits look better without overcoats, so compensating with the padding would be nice. But that's a minor thing.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Clothier feat affects padding too
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 02:59:27 pm »
vests too. i guess

PanPannik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Clothier feat affects padding too
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 01:07:56 am »
Vests benefit from Ballistics, as leather armor threshold could mildly benefit from Skinner. It would make the feat useless, even though to my understanding there are few reasons if not any at all to use it on Dominating difficulty.

Unless of course you refer to their effects - regenerated and extra health for regenerative and sturdy vests; cold, bio or electric resistance. Sounds good, but one worries too about the viability for the other feat.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 01:12:45 am by PanPannik »