Author Topic: Ideas for new TM spells  (Read 1401 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Ideas for new TM spells
« on: August 22, 2021, 07:56:48 pm »
1.  Psi caltrops
A spell that creates a lasting AoE that slows anything going through it, draining AP and/or MP from anyone moving through it per tile (and if they end turn inside it), and slowing projectiles that pass through it (or maybe just that target anyone inside it). 

2.  Duration drainer
A spell that instantly lowers existing status durations by 1.  If they have a two turn bleed for 15 damage per turn, you cast this spell and they take 15 bleed damage and now only have 1 turn left.  Three turns of fatigue?  Now it's two. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for new TM spells
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 10:59:58 pm »
An area that slows people down would be nice.

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 03:18:10 pm »
Having a slow down on a huge area similar to Starcraft's 2 Stasis wards would be neat, could be a very high TM skill
*Snort*

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 07:42:24 am »
Would be nice as well, that the field would be invisible to enemies - unlike caltrops. So they would cross it without realizing what effect it has on them 😄 You cannot see time after all...

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 11:51:38 pm »
Would actually be cool if TM got a feat ability similar to Locus of Control that turns every TM ability into an area of effect spell for one turn, which would allow for things like slowing every enemy in an area or putting them all into stasis.

dddmemaybe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 08:45:17 pm »
I really like the idea of the Psi Caltrops/Psi slow-zone but I personally think it should only proc once per enemy per cast. TM is already packed to the brim with some of the most potent and unique utility effects in the game. On a tangent, we already have ice barrier block zone(metathermics) and force wall(psychokinesis) in addition to caltrops and traps slowdown as well as others too. I know psi-slot equip limits and build limits makes my point a little moot overall. I think that the psi-temporal attacker with orienting around buying time for the super Temporal Distortion delayed attack-stack to explode could use a spell like this for good use without being remotely op imo.

I'd the spell something like: Temporal Glue: creates an invisible slow-zone(size slightly smaller than caltrop area) that slows everything except yourself by 20 movement points once per turn if they touch it.

I'd also like it if Temporal Rewind could be used on enemies to undo health-hypos and self-buffs used temporarily and also move them back their move tiles again(doesn't undo their attacks, only undoes last action'ed turn). The move tiles lost should not be given back as it makes no sense if they move again..? I think..? I hope.. (edit... unless you can use it on yourself to gain a ton of bonus mp on turn 1 as you initiate combat...? yea that sounds broken since same school also has Psycho-temporal contraction, and steps on its toes a bit at that too..)

Also, Temporal Distortion.. I personally think having it's Continuum Ripple feat buffed wouldn't be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:54:06 pm by dddmemaybe »

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 06:37:16 am »
Pretty much pointless unless we can get more slots or ability to cast non-innervated spells somehow or swap during combat.