Author Topic: Assorted suggestions for the final update  (Read 3873 times)

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted suggestions for the final update
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 02:09:05 am »
change escape artist dex requirement to agility
hypertoxicity now applies hyperimmune with poisons
spikes and blades on gear give intimidation bonus
armor sloping removes ap from spikes and blades
spikes and blades work against melee attackers
possibility to gain your name in arena in the first beast fight wearing certain armor
quick pockets give you once per round ability to equip weapon or utility for free
new native enemy:skaerdar crossbowman, he shoots serrated bolts and have vile weaponry, make tungsten tanks with regen vest suffer
deadly snares procs on net since it literally snare
Deadly snares on nets might be a bit too overpowered, since then it’s just 10 ap for 100% crit chance for 1-2 turns against a single target every couple of turns. Deadly snares is balanced right now since you can use quick tinkering to set traps on demand.
Also, do you mean poisons apply hypoallergenic with hypertoxicity?
poisons apply 10 turn death stalker debuff, about snares nets have quite a high cd and on most enemies its matter its last one turn, also dont forget that not only player char can have this feat, also dont forget that you need actual skill to use it
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 02:24:00 am by Tytyger »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 02:38:03 am »
Hypothermia - it is pointless. It was designed to be used against Player Character it seems. In combat, you want enemies dead not to reduce their CON a bit. I haven't played Metathermics build for a while, but I never saw any builds take it either.

If there was a cryokinetic stream spell or some kind of cold gas cloud spell, it would be pretty good.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 02:44:03 am »
Hypothermia - it is pointless. It was designed to be used against Player Character it seems. In combat, you want enemies dead not to reduce their CON a bit. I haven't played Metathermics build for a while, but I never saw any builds take it either.

If there was a cryokinetic stream spell or some kind of cold gas cloud spell, it would be pretty good.
i believe its good as it is, reduces max hp for easier shatter and gives extra pure damage each instance, cryorb if not kills maxes out stacks which is pretty cool

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 11:53:14 pm »
change escape artist dex requirement to agility
hypertoxicity now applies hyperimmune with poisons
spikes and blades on gear give intimidation bonus
armor sloping removes ap from spikes and blades
spikes and blades work against melee attackers
possibility to gain your name in arena in the first beast fight wearing certain armor
quick pockets give you once per round ability to equip weapon or utility for free
new native enemy:skaerdar crossbowman, he shoots serrated bolts and have vile weaponry, make tungsten tanks with regen vest suffer
deadly snares procs on net since it literally snare
Deadly snares on nets might be a bit too overpowered, since then it’s just 10 ap for 100% crit chance for 1-2 turns against a single target every couple of turns. Deadly snares is balanced right now since you can use quick tinkering to set traps on demand.
Also, do you mean poisons apply hypoallergenic with hypertoxicity?
Making a veteran feat that makes Deadly Snares work with nets would be nice, veteran feats are seriously underused and most are meh despite being end-game feats

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2021, 12:10:28 am »
you cant intimidate or be intimidated by yells someone who scarier/less scary than you
Some way of decreasing the impact of Yell would be good, I was thinking Resolve, but Resolve is also a stat almost nobody cares about because only Will and your level increase it, and Will is nearly only ever used for psi builds (the other few times are very specific builds making use of Ripper, Stoicism or Fight Response) that aren't affected by Yell. I kinda wish Yell also messed with psi casting, something like worsening concentration and thus weakening the resulting spell, with a lesser Intimidation impact than on regular weapon usage.
Speaking of, I also wish you could avoid Body Horror while (mercy-killing the mutated lemurian), akin to closing your eyes and resisting the temptation of opening them, but it's been a while since I've done that quest so maybe it's already an option?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 02:02:08 am by Barry »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2021, 05:09:49 pm »
I found out the other day there is a legal way to get a cruiser, but only if you got a certain random location to spawn.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 12:28:54 am »
Just going to add my two cents to this thread.

I think it would be neat to have Omega Station become explorable with the final update. Maybe there's a corpse or a unique bandit you have to kill in upper underrail or the core city sewers with an omega oddity and a device that lets you power up one of the entrances.

Could be an interesting contrast to the clean, shiny, living SGS with the abandoned, decrepit, overgrown Omega and be a reminder of what could've happened to SGS if they had been the ones who lost their little war.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 01:28:24 am »
There is a suspicious wall in the green circle that seems like a good hidden entrance to Omega to me.
*eurobeat intensifies*

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2021, 03:37:41 am »
There is a suspicious wall in the green circle that seems like a good hidden entrance to Omega to me.
Since it is the final update, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was called the “omega update” or something like that. It definitely feels like they are teasing Omega related content with the Omega waterways area and the mysterious locked door outside GMS.