Author Topic: Food Blueprints  (Read 786 times)

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
Food Blueprints
« on: August 24, 2021, 05:45:10 am »
Food merchants should sell food blueprints and we should be able to acquire ingredients by killing mobs or just harvesting plants, maybe ingredients can be sold by food merchants as well?
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

dddmemaybe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Food Blueprints
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 09:19:34 pm »
If so, the Hoppers need to stop spawning at a certain point. If not, THAT purposely-unarmed player will never finish their Hopper round up.

I think an in-game earned cooking-feat if there was cooking implemented (to say that making a meal item has a fail-rate just like fishing initially; probably no related attribute though?) until you do something cool would be appropriate for this mechanic imo. It'd be cool if every merchant has a small chance to want exactly 1 food item, cause it would be hilarious and wholesome that everybody's gotta eat and they just want a burger. If there is a Food blueprint, it should obvious-also-definitely be just 1 blueprint to not bloat the blueprint menu any further, similar to extract humor or process plant. I think food costs a bit too much to just let the player generate so much currency from cooking it though. It needs to have a secondary investment cost into the blueprint, like a burger needs a bun that costs fair share, and others all need their thusly 1 main and 1 secondary food piece imo.