Author Topic: TNT vs Industrial Robot  (Read 1318 times)

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
TNT vs Industrial Robot
« on: September 05, 2021, 10:24:04 pm »
W or Warehouse block 2, there is an extension of the warehouse, with an Industrial Robot patrolling, running in rectangles in the large room (many shelves with many components.

I timed its round trip and could blow some TNT at one square from it. No effect, nada, zero.

Is it the intended behaviour ?

G.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: TNT vs Industrial Robot
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:47:46 pm »
TNT does damage similar to a low-medium grenade; the bot probably resisted most or all of it.  It only does mega damage to rocks.
*eurobeat intensifies*

grills

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 11:13:21 pm »
Yeah, it's listed in the fine print that it's weak against enemies. Part of me thinks it's to emphasise the idea of it being more of a tool than a weapon, but a darker part of me thinks it's to confuse players who make assumptions as to its function without reading that fine print. After all, it destroys something that grenades can't, and it has a loud and suspenseful timer followed by a huge explosion, so it has got to be somewhat powerful, right? Haha, no. It's more of a remote, disposable, unpowered jackhammer that simply *resembles* a bomb. It seems to have two purposes: one is to blow a huge hole through blocked pathways, the other is to blow a huge hole through your ego the first/last time you're inspired to weaponise it.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 12:02:13 am »
Yeah, it's listed in the fine print that it's weak against enemies. Part of me thinks it's to emphasise the idea of it being more of a tool than a weapon, but a darker part of me thinks it's to confuse players who make assumptions as to its function without reading that fine print. After all, it destroys something that grenades can't, and it has a loud and suspenseful timer followed by a huge explosion, so it has got to be somewhat powerful, right? Haha, no. It's more of a remote, disposable, unpowered jackhammer that simply *resembles* a bomb. It seems to have two purposes: one is to blow a huge hole through blocked pathways, the other is to blow a huge hole through your ego the first/last time you're inspired to weaponise it.
TNT has another purpose; being the loudest noise in the game. It’s about 3 times louder than a standard grenade and has a delayed activation, so you can use it to lure enemies into minefields or separate them so you can kill them easier.

grills

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 03:22:35 am »
TNT has another purpose; being the loudest noise in the game. It’s about 3 times louder than a standard grenade and has a delayed activation, so you can use it to lure enemies into minefields or separate them so you can kill them easier.

Oh my god, I hadn't even considered this! While it would also be the heaviest distraction I can think of offhand, it would be worth trying to make good use of it. I haven't been playing for long and have had a lot of fun trying to lure enemies in less hardcore ways, but this is certainly going on the to-do list for the kaboom factor. Thanks for pointing that out!

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 11:00:37 pm »
WRT to noise...  I used it for attracting Deep Worms in a overcrowded South-Of-Labytrinth-With-A-pump room. Also for stealing a 3xp oddity at Praetorian (or whatever faction) at Core City. I tried the same at JKK, but does not work well (room is too small)

G.

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 12:24:23 am »
Being able to time the detonation right to harm enemies should be rewarded, I support a damage buff.