Author Topic: Help needed... Lost HS-89 Hydraulic Pump Drive Shaft  (Read 1480 times)

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Help needed... Lost HS-89 Hydraulic Pump Drive Shaft
« on: September 06, 2021, 10:55:09 pm »
You know what it is... just have so much stuff you put them in piles of stuff. Until you lose track of one of the three Jackhammer in DC... or misplaced your HS-89.

So I checked every stuff pile in DC, checked that indeed the Hydraulic Pump south of Labyrinth is empty.

After spending 3 hours running around DC... is there a way (tool) that can help me locate >the< pile of stuff that I have overlooked or forgotten? I am NOT asking for a game editor.

G.

PS: save file available upon request, if you have such a way to tell

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
Re: Help needed... Lost HS-89 Hydraulic Pump Drive Shaft
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 02:01:12 am »
Move to the zone where you first meet Six, save then post your save file here so I can transfer the drive shaft to you.

You don't need to move to that zone but doing so will make this slightly easier.
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 06:12:25 am »
Thanks in advance man, here is the save https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fz0jixxms4quum/NoHS89.rar?dl=0

If you have the capability to search the save and the time to look into it, I am really curious to see where it was misplaced - I looked at, I believe, every stuff stack and shelves in DC.

S.

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 09:01:05 am »
Didn't bother looking for it, just transferred the drive shaft from one of my own saves.

Here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/svsj1q6hf13sksn/HS89-2.zip/file

If the link doesn't work or there any problems let me know
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 09:52:45 am »
Thanks, downloaded it.

Are you a developper? If not, what tool have you used? I am really interested to search for where I "lost" the HS-89. Is there a risk that the save will crash something else in the game?

The game complained about version, I upgraded to 1.1.4.5, no more complain.

S.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 12:26:14 pm by SuNo »

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 10:47:40 am »
Am not a developer, as for item transferring I used destroyors guide to do it.

Link to the guide I used, its at the bottom somewhere:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 11:02:21 am »
Thanks for the pointer; nothing for me there.

THanks again for the HS-89.

S.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Note to the developpers-Re: Help needed... Lost HS-89 Hydraulic
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 12:45:21 pm »
If a developper reads this thread...

1- I have searched 3 or 4 times for the Lost HS - all stuff stack , all non empty shelves or boxes, went through the maps, even those I have not visited after getting the HS-89
2- I am pretty sure I have got it at some point
3- I am pretty sure that I have transferred to a stuff stack at some point (somewhere in faceless territory or at the Cytosine outpost, for easy reminding)
4- I am pretty sure that I have not transferred it by mistake (it is indeed in a special inventory).

Nevertheless I could not find it back... so If you have a dvlper tool that can quickly scan through the save, let me know where it is (I LOVE to know where I made 3 or 4 times the same mitake). If you have a tool and find it, please let me know where it is. If you have a tool and can't find it, then you have a bug.

S.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Mystery Solved !!! Re: Help needed... Lost HS-89 Hydraulic
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 06:23:36 pm »
Finally... The HS89 was nowhere to be found because... I put it in the gate mechanism.

Sorry Stygians, but repairing the mechanism with the help(?) of the robot is so very confusing. It says that you should place the components near the machine, which I tried after havin forgotten that the new valve (?) and the HS69 where sitting inside. The solution is to inspect again the inside of the machine WITH CANISTERS IN YOUR INVENTORY, then you get an option to pour a canister, try to poor a canister, see that it leaks, then ask the robot.

If you imbecibly (?) ask the robot directly, he will not budge, wherever you drop the components on the floor. If you put the canisters on the floor or in the Empty Canister, nothing happens. If you do as above with the item in your inventory, it works...

Sorry guys, but this is very convoluted.

If a developper reads this thread...

1- I have searched 3 or 4 times for the Lost HS - all stuff stack , all non empty shelves or boxes, went through the maps, even those I have not visited after getting the HS-89
2- I am pretty sure I have got it at some point
3- I am pretty sure that I have transferred to a stuff stack at some point (somewhere in faceless territory or at the Cytosine outpost, for easy reminding)
4- I am pretty sure that I have not transferred it by mistake (it is indeed in a special inventory).

Nevertheless I could not find it back... so If you have a dvlper tool that can quickly scan through the save, let me know where it is (I LOVE to know where I made 3 or 4 times the same mitake). If you have a tool and find it, please let me know where it is. If you have a tool and can't find it, then you have a bug.

S.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:27:52 pm by SuNo »