Author Topic: Clump of Traps update ideas.  (Read 701 times)

dddmemaybe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Clump of Traps update ideas.
« on: September 14, 2021, 07:06:07 pm »
I got 5 ideas.

Electrokinetic Imprint. Detection difficulty scales off of higher of effective Psychokinesis or Traps skill. (from just Psychokinesis).

Trapper's Belt. Traps skill increased by 15%. Carried traps weigh 30% less. (Trappers worry a lot more about weight than the utility slot I think., especially for mines and blob traps which are 2 weight a piece. The weight bonus does nothing for characters that constantly take off the belt without heavily using their traps, unlike Lifting belt for instance.)

Maybe the Trap Expert feat's Specialization: Speed could be a bit softer at 5% per(5 point maximum) to 85%(from 60 base) reduced speed rather than 10 points for 90% maximum? This one is definitely pretty debatable; not sure if trap-set speed is too broken with stealthing near enemies, but 5 spec points is still decently investive imho.

Allow Deadly Snares to work with Cryo-liquid blob traps? (Unless the ice on the body is proposedly blocking the weakpoints of the target? idk, I think this is a good idea.)

Sure Step - Also walk freely over and on traps you can already see yourself. Could make some feat-owning enemies more annoying for Traps builds that don't invest that much into their Trap detection difficulty and skill, which isn't a terrible idea imo. Also allows trap-heavy player builds to not go insane walking into their traps from a missclick to disarm. Specialization could be changed to (0-10 points) 6% chance per point for rooting or slowing effects to not remove or reduce your movement. (Traps are already not too difficutly for high detection players to play around already, so I don't think that part is too broken.)

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Clump of Traps update ideas.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 09:44:08 am »
trap arm speed and carry weight is what often discourage trap usage, so i agree with most changes

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Clump of Traps update ideas.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 12:06:55 pm »
Sure Step - Also walk freely over and on traps you can already see yourself. Could make some feat-owning enemies more annoying for Traps builds that don't invest that much into their Trap detection difficulty and skill, which isn't a terrible idea imo. Also allows trap-heavy player builds to not go insane walking into their traps from a missclick to disarm. Specialization could be changed to (0-10 points) 6% chance per point for rooting or slowing effects to not remove or reduce your movement. (Traps are already not too difficutly for high detection players to play around already, so I don't think that part is too broken.)
I thought about something similar. Make traps just not work after detection. Think about it. Bear trap is uselles when you know it's there. You can just not step in it. So why underrail characters have to step right into the trap when they detected it? Traps should only work if not detected or if movement ended in trap square. This should also make trap expert more useful and reduce early game cheese.

Other than that great suggestions