Author Topic: Building a Stealth Sniper / Traps for Dominating?  (Read 3058 times)

Elias

• Noob
    • View Profile
Building a Stealth Sniper / Traps for Dominating?
« on: September 15, 2021, 08:20:53 am »
So far I have a sort of rough idea of what I'm thinking of below:
https://underrail.info/build/?HgYGBwMOAwfCoAAAAAAAeGRpKFVVZDc3ZAAAAEZpAGQoATE1U34zwoVLAisqwod_HeKvvATir70B378

Although, I'm not sure if that one point in strength is necessarily all that worth it just to use that one unique sniper rifle.

Is it trash, mediocre or is it somewhat alright? What are some generally good feats for a build like this, what should stat distribution look like along with skill point distribution? I also have no idea what else to use my specialziations in besides Shooting Spree, so any insight on that would be appreciated.

I kind of just looked at the max skill checks for Mercantile, Speech, Lockpicking and Hacking as well. If those max checks are insanely high outliers in comparison to the rest of the checks they have normally, I'd appreciate the info as well so I could allocate points else where.

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Building a Stealth Sniper / Traps for Dominating?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 12:51:09 pm »
Although, I'm not sure if that one point in strength is necessarily all that worth it just to use that one unique sniper rifle.

You take gun nut and want to use unique rifle. Better to make up your mind and take point ether of intelligence or strength. You also get this rifle very endgame if want to try it out real bad just eat barbecue or whatever +1 str food is called.

I don't have much experience with temporal but i can say that it will work better with low ap sniper rifle which Black Arrow is not. It's 50 ap per shot.

Crit power does nothing for black arrow.

I kind of just looked at the max skill checks for Mercantile, Speech, Lockpicking and Hacking as well. If those max checks are insanely high outliers in comparison to the rest of the checks they have normally, I'd appreciate the info as well so I could allocate points else where.

Mercantile breakpoint is 130 as far as i remember. Hacking is definitely 130. For lockpicking you can always use a lock pick max is +15. Hacking checks ignore tools.

I never found interloper to be useful every time i picked it i felt like i wasted a feat slot.

You have high perception why take paranoia. If you want high initiative take trigger happy. Or even better start combat by using snipe (like sniper is supposed to) and go first every time. Bonus points for laying traps all over battlefield.

Why no points in throwing?

Snipe scales with stealth you should probably max it.

There is a feat called future orientation it's potentially very strong with stasis but i can give any advice on it.

Why do you need pickpocket?

I would build it something like this
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUHBgMPAwfCoCgAAAAAwqBkZABLVWQ8KGQAAABGZABaATkrMTA1An4zFirCh8KFU0sAwrXCpOKvvATir70B378

Sprint is great don underestimate it. Quick tinkering is traps. You wanted traps builld, no?

Recklessness is a good option for specialization if you like crits. Quick tinkering is good spec if you like traps.

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 01:04:52 pm »
Mercantile breakpoint is 130 as far as i remember. Hacking is definitely 130. For lockpicking you can always use a lock pick max is +15. Hacking checks ignore tools.
Just a few notes.. 😅 Mercantile 92 is enough + 3 from UnderPie and you got 95 effective for Oculus. Otherwise, 102 + 3 for Institute trader (which is meh and unnecessary).
Hacking 120 is enough if you have expedition + Engineer Suit = 130. Don't forget Hypercerebrix, which will boost it further. As 130 is the check in Deep Caverns. Save. Put the suit on. Use Hypercerebrix and then check how much you still need to reach 130 😅

Because it is awesome. A ton of money, Meds, all the bullets you will ever need for free and lots of quest items/ Odditites in the pockets. All my builds take it, especially on dominating. It is much more important and profitable than Lockpick in my experience.

Recklessness is a good option for specialization if you like crits.
Never saw anyone speccing it, as it increases enemy chance to crit you, too. Better to take spec in things that have no negatives.

As for my suggestions. There is a post not far down about such a build - Sniper/SMG + Traps.
edit: this https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=7825.0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:08:56 pm by RewRatt »

Elias

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 01:35:55 pm »
You take gun nut and want to use unique rifle. Better to make up your mind and take point ether of intelligence or strength.
You know, in retrospect this should have been highly obvious to me but for some reason that hadn't really clicked until now. I'm dumping that point of strength.

Snipe scales with stealth you should probably max it.
Oh, does it? Should have read the description more closely, I'll definitely be pumping stealth up then.

Tbh, it's more or less just a crutch skill when it comes to Dominating economy. 80% of my resources, meds and money ended up coming from pickpocketing at the end of the day.

I would build it something like this
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUHBgMPAwfCoCgAAAAAwqBkZABLVWQ8KGQAAABGZABaATkrMTA1An4zFirCh8KFU0sAwrXCpOKvvATir70B378

Sprint is great don underestimate it. Quick tinkering is traps. You wanted traps builld, no?

Recklessness is a good option for specialization if you like crits. Quick tinkering is good spec if you like traps.
Appreciate the input man. Will definitely amend my build.

Just a few notes.. 😅 Mercantile 92 is enough + 3 from UnderPie and you got 95 effective for Oculus. Otherwise, 102 + 3 for Institute trader (which is meh and unnecessary).
Hacking 120 is enough if you have expedition + Engineer Suit = 130. Don't forget Hypercerebrix, which will boost it further. As 130 is the check in Deep Caverns. Save. Put the suit on. Use Hypercerebrix and then check how much you still need to reach 130 😅
Good to know, actually. Is there a general thread of info similar to this for future reference or is this just kind of information that you end up just naturally gathering by playing the game enough?

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 02:42:35 am »
Good to know, actually. Is there a general thread of info similar to this for future reference or is this just kind of information that you end up just naturally gathering by playing the game enough?
There is a steam guide by destroyor called In-depth faq. There is a lot of info, skill checks included.