Author Topic: First time/blind chem pistol playthrough  (Read 2175 times)

beredark

• Noob
    • View Profile
First time/blind chem pistol playthrough
« on: September 16, 2021, 04:32:28 pm »
https://underrail.info/build/?AQMJBgQIAwcPAwAAAAAAAA8AAA8PDwwPAAAAAAAADwE5378

Do you guys think this build is viable enough to complete the game on normal? Ideally I wanted to focus on persuasion/intimidation over mercantile so I don't miss out on much story, but I read that the hidden inventory of certain merchants is pretty OP. I also wanted to focus on throwing and stealth, but not sure what I could remove points from instead (maybe some of the crafting skills? But I keep reading that crafted gear is always better).

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: First time/blind chem pistol playthrough
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 06:24:01 pm »
hi, hard to tell because you posted a lvl 1 build.

4 con isn't really useful, drop it to 3 and go for 10 dexterity because dexterity reduces the AP use for pistols
I'm Potoldski on discord

beredark

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:39:00 pm »
hey and yeah, I only did that because I have no clue what the rest of the game's feats are, since I haven't played it and didn't want to spoil too much. But, are the skills I'm focusing on LVL1 relevant to the kind of chem pistol build I want to go with? A lot of the completed LVL30 builds that I see don't personally help me too much because they don't show the order you level up the skills, and instead just show what the end result of the build is.

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 04:48:13 am »
There are two ways to build chem pistols. Full dex with versatility losing some perversion feats. Or a mix of dex and per losing attacks per turn. I prefer high dex for low attack ap cost and versatility helps in early game when you don't have a chem pistol yet. Melee scales with dex so the bonus you get form versatility is significant.

You obviously want to pump chemistry. Get cooked shot. Get sure step so you don't kill yourself with your own acid after combat. And then you're free to do whatever with your build.

https://underrail.info/build/?AgMKBgMDAwcACgAUAAAUCgoAAA8PDwoPAAAAAAAAFDnCo2Hfvw
This is my version of the build. Note 5 free stat points. You can add whatever you want. Psi, perception for feats, energy pistols, firearm pistols, knives etc..

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:41:25 am »
hey and yeah, I only did that because I have no clue what the rest of the game's feats are, since I haven't played it and didn't want to spoil too much. But, are the skills I'm focusing on LVL1 relevant to the kind of chem pistol build I want to go with? A lot of the completed LVL30 builds that I see don't personally help me too much because they don't show the order you level up the skills, and instead just show what the end result of the build is.

Hi, okay, without spoiling i can say that you might also want to invest in throwing for throwing grenades (which you'll be able to craft with your high chemistry), stealth and probably 70 points in temporal manipulation unless for some reason you don't want to.

You don't need to max every skills so you'll have enough points by the end.
I'm Potoldski on discord