Author Topic: Quality of life in the UI for psionic abilities innervation  (Read 770 times)

Richter

Quality of life in the UI for psionic abilities innervation
« on: December 04, 2021, 10:46:22 am »
I just played a pure psi character limiting myself to psi abilities (no utilities used, only magical solutions to the problem I was facing).

I think quad school psi is still very potent, I don't like it as much as I used too, but I can see the ideas behind the psi rework.

I don't think the psi pool total depletion is a good thing or brings anything interesting, but whatever. I'm here to talk about innervation though.

Pure psions actually have to switch quite often their set of skills in some areas (especially the black sea where you want electrokinesis for average bots ;  recurrence, proxy and TK punch for Nagas ; Metathermics and/or Thought Control for living beings whether you want to kill effectively or subreptitiously...)  while also switching between headbands as well (more often than not at least, even though a Uni Psi can do the job sometimes).

I think the player would benefit greatly from the possibility to build preselected sets of abilities to switch way more smoothly... Well, it's not a critical change at this point and I don't know how much work it would require, but since I've heard the last update included UI reworks, I think the idea is at least worth sharing.

Thank you for reading.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Quality of life in the UI for psionic abilities innervation
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 02:03:15 pm »
quite original suggestion

Richter

Re: Quality of life in the UI for psionic abilities innervation
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 05:01:28 pm »
Well, didn't realize it has been already asked: https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=5876.0 .

Yet not answered.

I guess one can always hope.