Author Topic: Immunity to damage and tanking  (Read 1681 times)

Richter

Immunity to damage and tanking
« on: December 10, 2021, 12:00:22 am »
In this game, some combinations of equipment or drugs give you either temporary (with hard debuff or no debuff at all) or permanent immunity to some damage.

I'll list the ones I'm aware of:

-Total immunity: Stoicism (requires both 7 Will and 7 Con) fully specced, being at less than 4% health gives you 36% damage reduction to every type. 15% more with Aegis (no debuff) and with the 50% from Morphine Shot it is over 100% damage immunity for 3 turns (4 for Statis). The debuff of Morphine Shot should kill you would you do nothing about it but with either a Super Health Hypo or Last Stand, you're safe; You can skip Aegis with 10 con and Conditioning but you'll still lose Electricity, Energy, Bio and Acid immunity without Aegis. Other combination can be thought  with 12 CON and Tempered feats.

-Permanent bio immunity: It's new, it came with the bioinvestigative belt from Tchort Institute which provides 10% bio damage reduction. With Aegis (15%) and Iron Gut (75%), that's bio immunity 8 turns. Neither Aegis nor Iron Guts have cooldowns or debuff, so it's permanent as long as you have some on you, though the belt requires you to keep 20 AP to use them at some point. With high Mechanical DR it makes Spiders and Locusts from Expedition a joke. It's true too for most snakes except the infamous Wyrm.

-Permanent Mechanical immunity with a very specific set up:

Quote from: Koveras
So, mechanical damage reduction is not capped and can go to 100%, making the character immune. It is easily achievable with morphine shot, but the effect only lasts 2 turns and cannot be refreshed indefinitely. Luckily it is also possible to get to 100% without morphine:
- Lifting belt : 5%
- Ancient Rathound leather armor and tabis : 10%
- Conditioning : 24% (10% base, 9% from 14 CON, 5% from specialization)
- Stoicism : 36% (24% at 4% HP, 12% from specialization)
- Aegis : 15%
- Mushroom Brew : 10%
Permanent invulnerability to mechanical damage since Aegis does not have a cooldown. Yay!

A mechanical immune sledge build (AKA The immortal drunkard)

-Permanent mechanical component of melee immunity: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/underrail-ironman.135885/

Read here for details by Yaz on RPGcodex.

-Permanent Electric damage immunity: Obtained from the Tesla Armor and Galvanic foam in Metal Helmet and Boots.

-Explosion damage immunity: From the Blast Suit and Iron Head (respectively 85% and 16% damage reduction from explosions)

-Bio AND Acid immunity: From the well-known combination of the CAU armor, biohazard boots and either Grey Army Spec Ops helmet / Praetorians' Helmet / Coretech Helmet / Gas mask.

-Temporary immunity to Heat: Through Exothermic Aura (Psi abilities)

- Acid OR bio immunity: for snakes/ mutant dogs leather armor and association with either CAU or mentioned helmets in Bio and Acid Immunity.

-Thought Control immunity: Locus of Control provides it for a few turns. You need 10 Will and 75 points in Thought Control for it.

I wish to have a more exhaustive list though I think I'm not aware of anything else, I believe... If a similar topic already exists, please tell me, I'll just delete this one and post this on it (if relevant).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 12:17:13 am by Richter »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Immunity to damage and tanking
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 06:54:52 am »
If you are lucky and able to farm high quality heartbreaker serpent skin- it's possible to have bio immunity from just infused heartbreaker leather armor + infused heartbreaker tabi. If not, just add any helmet that grants bio resist for 100% bio resist.

100% heat resist could be reach by wearing high grade Antithermic Tabi Boots + Aluminized Balaclava (just buy them from merchant as high quality aluminized clothes are very rare) + Infused Siphoner/Greater Siphoner Leather armor crafted with aluminized cloth.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:18:46 am »
Locus of Control gives immunity to damage dealing TC spells?

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 09:39:33 am »
If you are lucky and able to farm high quality heartbreaker serpent skin- it's possible to have bio immunity from just infused heartbreaker leather armor + infused heartbreaker tabi. If not, just add any helmet that grants bio resist for 100% bio resist.

Do you perhaps know what hb skin quality allows that 100% resist (without a headgear)? Is that with or without Skinner? There's no mention of it in your post.
I'm assuming fiber's quality is 160.

Richter

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 10:40:27 am »
Locus of Control gives immunity to damage dealing TC spells?

Yes, it does!

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 04:32:11 am »

Do you perhaps know what hb skin quality allows that 100% resist (without a headgear)? Is that with or without Skinner? There's no mention of it in your post.
I'm assuming fiber's quality is 160.

So did a bit of testing and it seems like that's most likely possible only for a char with Skinner.

Short answer:
Without Skinner you need two Q156 infused Heartbreaker Serpent Skin (highly unlikely) to get 100% resist without headgear.
With Skinner you need either one single Q156 infused HB skin Or two Q137 infused HB skin for 100% resist.

Long answer:
Here are some data points from my testing:

Q160 Super Steel + Q156 Heartbreaker Serpent Skin = Q156 infused Heartbreaker Serpent Skin

Q150 SS + Q124 HB Skin = Q139 infused HB Skin

Q141 SS + Q117 HB Skin = Q137 infused HB Skin

Note that it doesn't matter if you have Skinner or not at this point as infused leather crafting is not affected by Skinner.

No skinner
Crafting with Q139 infused HB skin = Bio 60% infused HB skin leather armor or Bio 35% infused HB skin Tabi

Q156 infused HB skin = Bio 64% infused HB skin leather armor or Bio 39% infused HB skin tabi

with Skinner
Q 137 infuse HB skin both yield = Bio 66% infused HB skin leather armor or Bio 41% infused HB skin tabi

Q156 infused HB skin = Bio 72% infused HB skin leather armor + Bio 47% infused HB skin tabi

So the take away here is that if you have a piece of high quality HB skin you should craft a leather armor out of it. The best way to get a high quality HB skin (or any of the Black Sea skin/leather) is getting it as random loot from Magnar's chest. The next best way is to get them Native leather chest. In my experience Heartbreaker usually only drop low quality HB skin so farming them is a waste of time.
A char without skinner will need to farm TWO high quality Super Steel and pray to RNG Goddess to drop TWO piece of high quality HB skin, which is highly unlikely.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 06:20:13 am »
Thanks for the answer. It was really insightful.

With Skinner and very high quality super steel (around 155) farming serpents makes sense as they can drop leather with quality over 100. Some examples of inusing:

102q hb leather + 156q ss fiber = 138q infused leather
96q hb leather + 158q ss fiber = 137q infused leather

Whether the players wants to spend their high quality super steel this way is another thing :)

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 12:47:39 pm »
about bio immunity it quite easy as long as you have enough irongut which is somewhat easy to do.75(irongut)+10(either of two belts)+15(canned mushroom) so no need for high quality leathers.
Melee immunity against certain melee is easier to reach with ss sheet riot gear which already gives you somewhat around 80 resist against bladed(a lot of things considered bladed).