Author Topic: Forceful innervation  (Read 889 times)

Richter

Forceful innervation
« on: December 12, 2021, 09:31:30 am »
I searched for this one before asking and saw no thread proposing this at least on this forum.

I really wish there were a non cheesy, lore friendly, rp friendly way to gain Forceful Innervation, like some NPC that would spawn at the beginning or an option to take it (for free, not at the cost of one feat, of course) at character creation, allowing one to RP at least a little... and then Pasquale would propose you the Golden Pill rather than having it on your inventory for no reasons.

Of course, one can always download the old version of the game, make a character, take the pill, save, update the game, export one's character to a fresh new game...It just doesn't feel right, and i'm weary of what will happen in 10 years if one wants to play the game and the Legacy version happens to not be available anymore.

Thank you for reading, now I'll stop disturbing everyone with Psi, I promise...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 10:54:14 am by Richter »

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Forceful innervation
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 10:40:03 am »
innervation was changed because it made psionics one stat dump build and honestly now you just choose between dmg or versatility

Richter

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 01:03:10 pm »
Not the point of this thread, though.

I'm not criticizing Psi changes*.

Forceful Innervation IS an option, and it's even lore friendly. I doubt you didn't wonder while playing the game for the first time if there might be a way to gain Psi Empathy without the pill after Pasquale's dialogue.

Now because it is an option, I was wondering if there could have been a more elegant way to implement it. If it's just meant to be a workaround for old players coming back to the game with a character from an outdated version, so be it and there's nothing to do about it.

*Well, even if you were obviously sarcastic about it on an other thread: I think that, tactically, the changes are OK but some tedium should be lightened during the UI rework... I just did a pure psi run (without any utilities, except gas nades on Beast fight, but it wasn't necessary neither) and it felt rewarding to be able to plan a set of abilities to deal for such or such situation, even if Psychosis has "trouble" dealing with one situation (groups of Nagas), it felt quite smooth and powerful except for the part concerning innervation. If the changes are meant to suppress the possibility of Tri/Quad Psi through tedium rather than combat mechanics, then it's not a policy I would agree with, but I doubt it's what the devs had in mind.

EDIT:

Also I don't see how psi is a one stat dump build. While not necessary, it is quite good to have premeditation (6 int) and fast metabolism (6 con), and for Psychosis SI is well adapted. There are a lot of builds that can get 18 in there main base abilities: all versatility builds, knife, hammer... And a lot more that can have above 16 if they want to like shotguns, AR (not that it is necessary), crossbow, etc. Also 8 Int is still required for Psycho Neural Flexibility, so Forceful Innervation is just a trade of 2 points in Int against 10 Psi points in your pool. I think it's mostly fair.

I don't get why people get so defensive about the changes even when one isn't exactly mindlessly criticizing them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:22:02 pm by Richter »

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 03:55:56 pm »
only reason why forceful innervation exist, because of characters created before the change.Its not option-its crutch