Author Topic: How do all those 3 con 3 per builds survive stealthed enemies jumping them?  (Read 2397 times)

amgarrak1

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I've yet to play DOMINATING on a build with low PER, but even my max PER sniper character, that had the best possible detection with Paranoia + goggles and consumables, got reliably ambushed by crawlers (that stopped at a certain point) and death stalkers and for even normal stealthed humanoids I had to be very careful and give myself some time to detect them.

I also remember my first ever playthrough on normal a while ago, and I was constantly getting ambushed and hat to reload. I imagine on DOMINATING a 3 con build getting ambushed by a knife-wielding stealthy mcstealthface will get oneshot.

Do these builds just assume you are going to abuse F5+F9 and metagame to win or what? I understand a tin-can doesn't give a shit if they get jumped but everyone else?

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Yeah it’s mostly metagaming and knowing placements beforehand. Having stealth yourself also helps. The stealth noise is a nice warning for the player. What you can do when you hear that is make a trap wall or put traps at a choke, bait the stealthed enemies with a nade, then once one is trapped start using AoE behind them to reveal the rest. Be sure to still LoS in the case of snipers and TC users

Niko

Flares are nice, also if you have 20 pts in intimidation, you can pick Yell. Some Stalker encounters are straight up F5-F9 to pin point the locations though through the use of flare and laying traps beforehand. 3 per and 3 con is completely okay on dominating, you get used to it :)

amgarrak1

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Flares are nice, also if you have 20 pts in intimidation, you can pick Yell. Some Stalker encounters are straight up F5-F9 to pin point the locations though through the use of flare and laying traps beforehand. 3 per and 3 con is completely okay on dominating, you get used to it :)
I see. I get that it's playable, but I can't stand this level of metagaming and savescumming.

Shame there's no "immersive" alternative :\

Niko

Well I mean it is a build simulator basically :)
I spend some time around in it here and there and finish maybe at max 10% of my runs. Sometimes I just want to see how something fares up until some point. Personally, I am not even near of playing through it Ironman, but I think it is doable. The early rathound alphas and random stuns are some that finish the run hitting 1/20 crits. But yeah... It is not a competition. I just love the feel of the game and that I know my way around everywhere at the moment. It is enjoyable to never have enough control in the game really. I guess that is why I keep coming back.

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I see. I get that it's playable, but I can't stand this level of metagaming and savescumming.

Depends how many save/loads you consider metagaming. 1 per zone is completely doable. You know stalkers are there, you enter combat mode and use flares, psi, yell nades etc to draw them out.
Also, good tungsten metal armour will make you impervious to stalkers even on DOM.

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile

Save scumming still isn’t a requirement for these sections. Still completely doable on the first try with the method I mentioned. Also another great way to bait them is just using stasis. Gets them out of stealth and you get to attack them before they attack you. With the stealth noise upon entering and area and the red mushrooms as hints the game gives you everything you need to get them before they get you outside of a few very specific situations. Black crawler is the only one that really comes to mind but even then with stasis you can still get away unscathed

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
you can boost your detection with gear, feat, consumables.But it wont matter if you cant win enough time before you actually detect them.Also death stalkers are probably why you even care about stealth at all but they have interloper and zero ap attack which makes any tries to detect them with detection means unreasonable.You probably just want to enter any new area with emitter toggled and riot gear equipped

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
10 con, Thick Skull, Conditioning and sturdy riot gear. Let them come.

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Even with 3 PER you can out-stealth and out-spot enemies.
1. Detection improves with levels.
2. Detection Goggles.
3. Paranoia*
4. Min 6 AGI and max Stealth with bonus Stealth gear.
5. Move slowly.

6. Some meta-game knowledge or just common sense - you are in Lurker or Lunatic area.. or "It's too quiet." 🤨

Also, if you CAN'T out-spot, Quick-Tinker and get to a corner.
Also, also - if you know that area is nasy, place Bear Traps in a choke-point (make sure no other way to you exists) and detonate a Frag or HE grenade or TNT behind you and wait around a corner or some place out of sight of those Bear Traps. Once you hear them snap, start combat manually, show yourself to those trapped and have fun. Any stealthed enemies still coming in, will be in combat, so you can flush them out with more grenades and/or Flares 😁. BTW, if there is no other way to you, even 0 Trap skill Bear Traps will work 😄

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
One thing to know is that detection scales with your level, so you can reach decent detection even with 3 per later on.

And most fights agains't crawlers are entirely optional, simply by not going in caves you avoid most of them.

Against stalkers you can craft good armors that work well especially against knife attacks.

The worst are lunatics psychopaths, but you can avoid them till late game when you have enough detection with googles. 

If your detection is low, best is to use préemptive traps, choke points and area of effects attacks to discover them.

"Shame there's no "immersive" alternative :\ " , well there is, just don't play a 3 con 3 per glass canon build.
I'm Potoldski on discord