Author Topic: Pure Throwing Build - Sprinting Poisoner  (Read 2011 times)

Mark The Red

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Pure Throwing Build - Sprinting Poisoner
« on: January 13, 2022, 10:36:32 am »
Hello everyone,

Below is the build, and i would like you to share your feedback and ideas. I still haven't decided whether i will play on Normal or Hard, Classic or Oddity. I hated the fact that i hit level 30, before i even finished the Institute.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMNDQMDAwgAwqAAAMKgwqDCoGA0ABlKFwBwwocAAAAAewAAJCYnL2E5G1hBD1HDk14wwqXCs3bioJ4K4qi6Bd-_

Throwing Knives coated with every kind of Poison against living enemies, complemented with Nets and basic Bear Traps for keeping people in place. To keep groups away from us, Poisoned Calltrops will be used. The occasional grenade will be thrown, primarily Flashbangs. Flares for Crawlers and scary corners.

Against armor and robots, Shock Shurikens and various Acid Vials are the offense, with the occasional scavenged or bought EMP or Plasma Grenade.

The idea is to control the battlefield and stay as untouchable as possible with maximized Dodge, Evasion, complemented by a full set of Siphoner leathers, and feats.

All that with using a ton of Drugs to boost your effectiveness at all times.

Persuasion is there for the fun and lore factor, although i hate the fact that excess points are needed due to low Will.

There are not a lot of Throwing Feats, so there are a lot of utility feats that can be taken, in no specific order. I took Quick Tinkering simply because "run around the corner, place trap for big bad guy to run into" is just too good. And Crawlers. Veteran feats are an issue, there are lots of good ones.

All in all seems like an interesting build with a good challenge and a lot of strategic play.

Goblingeneral12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Throwing Build - Sprinting Poisoner
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 07:31:33 am »
How do you play the early areas? Also what kinda gear should you use for this build?

Mark The Red

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Throwing Build - Sprinting Poisoner
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 02:16:25 pm »
For the early areas, i would play tactically with luring enemies to Bear traps or Caltrops then finishing them off with Throwing Knives. It might be a bit tough, but there is a lot of utility here, and taking Sure Step at lvl 1 or 2 will really make Caltrops good. For Rathounds, if they swarm you, Flares.  Since the idea is to get Hyper-toxicity asap, and in Junkyard you can buy Burrower Poison, you can craft a ton of poison Knives with serious damage pretty early. When it gets really crowded, a Grenade or Flashbang will help.

For gear, the idea is:

Belt - Utility Belt
Head - can be anything that fits the play
Hands - Knife Thrower's Glove, Boxing Gloves & Jack Knife in offhand
Armor - Siphoner/Greater Siphoner Infused Leather armor
Boots - Siphoner/Greater Siphoner or Hopper Infused Leather Boots or Tabis.