Author Topic: Non-scoped sniper rifles  (Read 1043 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Non-scoped sniper rifles
« on: January 19, 2022, 09:55:43 pm »
I was thinking about how a few people have suggested "carbines" as an in-between AR and snipers.  I had the idea to just allow sniper rifles to not have a scope; this way people could have them earlier and not every sniper rifle you find as loot will be worth so damn much. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Non-scoped sniper rifles
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 02:06:44 am »
How would no scope sniper (carabine) be different from either AR or crossbow? I am unsure you could find a proper niche gameplay for them. Unless you just want AR-like sniper to trigger some sniper perks cheaper, whihc is imho bad idea.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 02:28:38 am »
Range, per-shot damage, sniper feats.  The scopes dont really change anything so I don't get your point.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 01:59:22 am »
I think I misunderstood. You want sniper rifles without scopes that are identical to scoped sniper rifles (- the scope effect)? I thought it would change the stats a bit more (less move penalty lower range etc) If that is so, then I guess why not.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 02:26:39 am »
I think I misunderstood. You want sniper rifles without scopes that are identical to scoped sniper rifles (- the scope effect)?

Yes.  Styg could make them a bit different; like slightly less AP cost or move'n'shoot penalty, but not necessarily. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 10:41:38 pm »
Graphics would have to be updated, especially the icon of an assembled sniper rifle.

Although, if there was a 1.0 target-reticled scope, that could keep the same frame as the existing sniper rifles but without the benefit of a magnified scope. It would be much cheaper than any of the other scopes, maybe faster, and not suffer from close-range penalties. But it would not have the same accuracy at longer ranges.