Author Topic: sniper psion buiild request  (Read 2028 times)

2qup2

• Noob
    • View Profile
sniper psion buiild request
« on: January 21, 2022, 01:32:56 am »
anybody have a psion build that uses a sniper rifle because it is a fun idea but every build i make falls apart so i am making this request to see if anybody has an idea for one.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: sniper psion buiild request
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 06:19:37 am »
This is a draft I plan to play one day, can't comment on how viable it is.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgUGBwMHCgjCoEYAAAAAwqBBQTIAS0s8NzzCoAAARjwARgE5PysFKgIdfiHCvRZkwoco4q-8BOKvvQHfvw

The idea is to use snipers for shooting spree+aimed shot, ambush and robots. Low perception shouldn't be a problem, ambush gives high hit chance, robots are easy to hit and if I'm against evasive enemy I can just melt his brain.

Endgame weapon would be Hoddurform because it boosts NO damage and make you darker even if held in offhand, making it easier to trigger ambush.

Again, no idea if this is good or not. But will probably play it on next update so...

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 03:11:24 pm »
anybody have a psion build that uses a sniper rifle because it is a fun idea but every build i make falls apart so i am making this request to see if anybody has an idea for one.

Have an idea on what psi school you want? Just a heads up I don’t think snipers are amazing weapons for beginners.They perform best when the player knows how to control their environment, have knowledge of their targets abilities/stats, and are aware of their surroundings. I feel as though this is something newer plays struggle with more. I don’t want to completely turn you off of snipers because I believe they are one of the more satisfying weapons I’ve played but I think letting you know this can give you some insight as to why your builds are falling apart. It’s one weapon where I think giving a new player a strong build will not carry them

Niko

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 09:32:25 am »
GaF has valid points there.
You could basically try out AR/Meta/Temporal build too. It plays like a sniper when you go 'single' shot Chimera with crit-scope, but you could back out to be burst AR later when it does not cut it. AR+ThermoD is solid, and meta gives the extra CC. Against solo opponents, cryostasis forces the opponent out of combat and you can pop inhalator even in combat so the psi intensiveness is not a huge problem.
Just some ideas.

It is just a draft, and I played it with some variation to around level 16-17 on dominating. Metathermics damage is a bit underwhelming, but it is a nice alternative for 'always grenades' play style :)
https://underrail.info/build/?HgYDAwkQAwbCoAAAAAAAwqAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMKgwqAAAMKgMWIrJCYqLgLCh0vChSgvJ9-_
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 09:37:06 am by Niko »