Author Topic: Has anyone beaten a underrail puzzle without any outside help or using the wiki?  (Read 1987 times)

123nick

• Noob
    • View Profile
i think people could do the puzzle for mutagen and the harmonics puzzle without outside help because their clearly described ingame how they work, if you look.

but the dudes other quest console puzzle? without looking it up its hard to know if at all your making progress or not, cause it doesnt have a lot of information with it.

anyone beat either of these 3 with nothing but the game itself to help?

Zeem

• Oculite
  • Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Yes, I solved all 3 puzzles by myself. Mutagen and music ones are completely explained in the game (even if the latter's explanation is exceedingly flowery), and Dude's lab puzzle just takes a bit of perceptiveness to spot the patterns. Plus I think now there's even a skill check that provides a very explicit hint, either INT or PER.

Maliel

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Hell no, in fact these overly complicated puzzles feel like homework for me, not fun in the least

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
I did mutagen, ludenloffs office bot, and phreaks phones without looking anything up.  I had to look up a walkthrough for the music cypher; couldn't make sense of the in-game instructions.  Never bothered with dudes because I can take on a few mutants, even while drunk.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Only the Phreak phones, which is slightly annoying but not hard (and for which a guide would have been useless anyway).

I never solved the others  :D
I'm Potoldski on discord

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
I did the music puzzle by notepad, took about 2-3 hours mostly because of all the back-and-forth checking of what note gets converted to what after noting everything. I still have it but I can barely read it. Never again.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 08:44:04 pm by Barry »

Vagabond

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I only looked up Mutagen Puzzle explanation, but not solution (It's way better explained on the wiki). It's actually rather easy once you understand it, although you do need an online notepad open to save the mutagen codes. It works like a Tetris/Candy Crush/Abacus, you add mutagen in a specific order to get a proper chain.

Dude's puzzle is the easiest. There are three papers with codes hidden in the same room. The console gives a list of scrambled text, in it there are (only) three numbers spread across, two on the sides, one in the middle, you combine them and see which of the three papers the combined number fits. Repeat until done.

The Musical Puzzle in DLC I've yet to try at all. Same for Emergency Phones, which is an actual music puzzle, and it gives me PTSD of Myst.

*edit* Done two of the Emergency Phone music puzzles on Easy to test it out. Not as bad as Myst, since you can start a "demo" playback AND test out all the sounds at the same time if you are quick enough. Again using an online notepad to write down the correct sequence, which you can then replay manually. Only two of the six sounds are very similar: yellow and blue. All in all it's tedious, but doable.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 10:24:41 pm by Vagabond »