Author Topic: W2C ammo did not need a nerf  (Read 3265 times)

Easy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: W2C ammo did not need a nerf
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2022, 07:16:49 pm »
Just started a dominating playthrough after the recent patch with an AR build. So far, the blast suit guys have been the only fight where the W2C nerf was really noticeable, but guessing it may have been due to doing them while under leveled because I visited the sewers too early. The W2C nerf was not very noticeable on The Beast fight, and snails still go down easily in one burst. Haven't done much expedition content yet, like Nagas, but guessing it won't be very noticeable there either.

beyond.wudge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2022, 08:18:45 am »
I think Styg is planning something for Infusion and the last set of game updates have been about transitioning the gameplay towards the next iteration of the UnderRail system.  A lot of the changes won't make a lot of sense until you see how the future gameplay will work.  A clear trend seems to be about tying every playstyle to the game's economic system and making buying and crafting more important.

Despite being primarily a Guns player, I am ok with the change.  But I'm also one of those players that doesn't enjoy the overpowered god-like builds.  I appreciate it's a lot of fun two turning the final boss, even though that isn't my thing, so I can see why some other players would get irritated with any kind of nerf to a playstyle they prefer.

However, Infusion has to sell copies and I will bet the changes are about increasing the number and kinds of players who can enjoy the game.  It probably also is about moving away from having to finely balance all the different builds as it probably slows down content creation enormously (just judging from comments by Styg about how long it took to get the handful of new Expedition weapons to fit into the game properly).  The exact issue of "my playstyle isn't as strong as all the other ones!" has probably reduced the amount of actual content we have to play with for the same development time.  Just food for thought.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 08:31:59 am by beyond.wudge »

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 09:20:22 pm »
I think Styg is planning something for Infusion and the last set of game updates have been about transitioning the gameplay towards the next iteration of the UnderRail system.  A lot of the changes won't make a lot of sense until you see how the future gameplay will work.  A clear trend seems to be about tying every playstyle to the game's economic system and making buying and crafting more important.
He actually made lots of uniques more viable as an alternative to crafted weapons. They are reall strong. Maybe not "optimal" but strong.

Quote from: beyond.wudge
Despite being primarily a Guns player, I am ok with the change.  But I'm also one of those players that doesn't enjoy the overpowered god-like builds.  I appreciate it's a lot of fun two turning the final boss, even though that isn't my thing, so I can see why some other players would get irritated with any kind of nerf to a playstyle they prefer.
I personally can't play those knife-edge SI builds, where 1 mistake or bad roll screws you over. I prefer optimizing for lazy / easy to play with / capable of most content, builds. To each his own. But if you looked at the coments, most of people posting builds agree with these nerfs.

Quote from: beyond.wudge
However, Infusion has to sell copies and I will bet the changes are about increasing the number and kinds of players who can enjoy the game.  It probably also is about moving away from having to finely balance all the different builds as it probably slows down content creation enormously (just judging from comments by Styg about how long it took to get the handful of new Expedition weapons to fit into the game properly).  The exact issue of "my playstyle isn't as strong as all the other ones!" has probably reduced the amount of actual content we have to play with for the same development time.  Just food for thought.
Game has not gained the mainstream appeal, thats for sure. But it is an indie title and PC Only and while it is hard, it doesn't have the mainsteam appeal of Dark Souls. Even a ton of classic Fallout fans don't know about it, and if not for Sseth, I don't think I would either.
The game is great though, and Styg is awesome for making it. I wish him all the best with next title too! 😄 Because we need more things in our lives like it 😊