Author Topic: An environmental debuff  (Read 853 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
An environmental debuff
« on: February 15, 2022, 06:07:37 am »
So, I was thinking about how many maps have narrow paths over big falls or other dangers.  Irl I would normally have a small fear debuff that inhibits my will to move, making it harder to commit to certain actions.  For this, make it a resolve check or gain a debuff called "vertigo" that lowers your mp, dodge/evasion, and maybe melee skills while near precarious ledges.  Or maybe just your agility and dexterity on their own. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Guehlfirf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: An environmental debuff
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 02:59:00 pm »
Considering how player character cannot be spooked (never seen my character affected with fear) it would be strange for him to be scared of heights.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 04:41:13 pm »
Player can be feared, though I don't believe it actually does anything.  Zaman and RK can do it via their weapons.  Also you can be intimidated.  I don't know if any enemies ever try to use the fear spell on you.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Noot

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 04:56:03 pm »
Considering how player character cannot be spooked (never seen my character affected with fear) it would be strange for him to be scared of heights.

The player character can be feared in some ways, but it doesn't do anything. However, it was shown that at least in story/description the character does experience the regular Southern Underrail agoraphobia as shown in the entrance to Hell's Gut in Expedition and talks with Doctor Savage. So your character can certainly have a fear of heights stemming from that agoraphobia.