Author Topic: Melee attack bug  (Read 1677 times)

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
Melee attack bug
« on: May 05, 2014, 10:29:43 am »
Love this patch so much, still haven't finished exploring :P + my twinbrother FINALLY bought this game too :D UNDERRAIL YEAAA!

But now business: sometimes melee enemy's surround me. This ain't a big deal because I have a knife, but when I can't attack this is a problem. This bug occurred with Junkyard Thugs, Burrower Spawns, Siphoners, Rathounds and Mutated Dogs so far. I can still shoot them with my .44 (or any other ranged weapon), but I find it very unrealistic that I can't stab (or use any other melee attack) my opponents while they are right in front of me.
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Melee attack bug
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:26:31 pm »
I'd like to hijack this thread for another related point:
I occasionally find myself engaged in melee while not quite in the center of a square, for example in a door.
I can't attack back even with a ranged weapon, often needing to go back up to three squares to get a clear line of fire from somewhere else. Shooting enemies further away is just fine.
Btw, that's obviously still true with melee, but Banggunner said he could still shoot.
With the same weapon, to boot.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:39:22 pm »
I've encountered both of these bugs.

It's quite frustrating (I usually quickload when this happens, since it makes no sense).

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:35:42 pm »
Bump,
Because of this Acidic entanglement is a death sentence to a exclusive melee character.
Force emissions on my psy/melee hybrid used to help because it gave range to your punches but it no longer applies. :(
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."