Author Topic: Controls bug: NUMKEY maps to Quick Button  (Read 590 times)

agris

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Controls bug: NUMKEY maps to Quick Button
« on: April 04, 2022, 04:03:51 pm »
This is latest Steam release w/ DLC (1.1.5.9?), QWERTY/EN OS and game.

I remapped WASD to move the camera, moving the Character Sheet to C, Combat Stats to /, and Take All to Q. In remapping the Quick Buttons, I was happy to see that NUMPAD 1 - 9 didn't conflict with Keyboard 1 - 9, which are mapped to the Action Buttons. The in-game settings menu doesn't actually say NUMPAD, it just says 1, but when you first map NUMPAD 1 it doesn't give a conflict message. Same with NUMPAD 2, 3, etc to 6, which means the engine is distinguishing numpad from kb.

Here's the bug: I have Quick Button 1 mapped to NUMPAD 1, so to reload my weapon I should hold SHIFT+NUMPAD1 right? Doesn't work. The SHIFT+Quickbuttons selection doesn't seem to work with NUMPAD Quick Button assignments.

Hope this can get fixed!

Also - any chance of a hotkey to show/hide the log? Similarly, it would be great if there were dedicated keys to lengthen/shorten the width of the dialogue window, kinda like how in the Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate), you can hit PGUP/PGDOWN to expand or contract the dialogue window in useful increments. Here you could map PGUP/PGDOWN to expand/contract the dialogue window in 20% increments, and once the window is at 100% hitting PGDOWN one more time would hide it.

Just a thought.

EDIT: the game doesn't recognize MOUSETHUMB? I was thinking about remapping inventory to the mouse's thumb button, so I could remap the action buttons to E,R,T,Y,U,I for a continuous segment of keyboard, but I can't remap to the thumb button.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 04:11:34 pm by agris »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Controls bug: NUMKEY maps to Quick Button
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 10:41:22 am »
Here's the bug: I have Quick Button 1 mapped to NUMPAD 1, so to reload my weapon I should hold SHIFT+NUMPAD1 right? Doesn't work. The SHIFT+Quickbuttons selection doesn't seem to work with NUMPAD Quick Button assignments.
Yeah, it seems to be the function of windows or something to treat numpad as arrow keys when shift is down, so that's how they get sent to the engine as well.

As for the rest, I might take a look at it later when I have more time.