Author Topic: Where do you think it will take place?  (Read 4378 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Where do you think it will take place?
« on: May 31, 2022, 09:35:14 pm »
First!

I'm betting the game will be set in Hexagon.  Not the north, just Hexagon, and maybe it's immediate surroundings.  A huge city "world". 

The dialogue with Six indicates that Hexagon is important to the story.  Seeger gave us some detailed info of juicy stuff going on in Hexagon.  Aran, the most unique enemy npc (imo) was from Hexagon.  It is in the north, but isn't dominated by the protectocuckery.  "Infusion" suggests some kind of enhancement to the self, similar to the faceless canisters; makes me think of shadowrun-style cybernetics.  Some of the unique jet skis in expedition are from Hexagon.  Just seems to be a lot pointing in that direction.  Also, since its not underrail 2, just a stand-alone expansion itself, I don't think it's setting would be the entire north; that's too big.  Could be anywhere else though; maybe somewhere we haven't heard anything about.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you think it will take place?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 12:32:34 am »
Depending on what the layout of North Underrail actually looks like, Hexagon might be too important or central to the region to expend on a standalone story, so to speak. Everything about the city would have to be designed and implemented for Infusion, and without some exceptional shenanigans, most of those design decisions would then have to carry over to Underrail 2. Essentially, the developers would be limiting the possibilities of a part of the actual sequel before they even started working on it. It could also be a bit jarring to first introduce a Hexagon that's massive enough to be the setting of Infusion all on its own, and then reduce it to a smaller version that didn't completely overshadow all other locations of Underrail 2 in size. Not impossible to achieve, but it'd be another headache the devs could easily avoid by picking a different setting.

Naturally, that all assumes that Underrail 2 is going to be a thing, and that's it's going to take place in North Underrail.

As for my own guess, I don't think Infusion's going to be set in North Underrail, but it will probably still take place somewhere that's relatively close to South Underrail. If the 3D meshes we've seen so far are anything to go by, people's outfits as well as crawlers look very similar to their counterparts in the first game, and they probably wouldn't if the new setting was going to be a location far away on the other side of the world.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 12:52:10 am by Hazard »

Drizzle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 02:31:53 am »
Hexagon and augmentations could be cool, but I don't think it'll be there.
Personally, going off the rather direct and straightforward titles that the game and DLC were given, I'm going to bet you'll play as one of the Faceless or infiltrate them, maybe even become one of them. Dude says they're one part man after all. It could be a prequel dealing with the Hollow Earth incident.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 02:43:59 am »
It's not about the faceless.  Lots of people assume so given the name.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Scrounger

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 10:13:15 am »
I think we are pretty much limited to what we heard from the lore but from what I've gathered it will not be set in the North...
There are plenty of locations which could be set in that we don't even know about (East?, Ruby shore deep in the south or something like that?, etc.)
There's also a "problem" in terms of mapping the exact location of Underrail (mythical Hyperborea anyone?).
Funny thing is when I first heard about Infusion, my first thought was that it would be set in the giant (im)mobile habitat placed close to the "entrance" of the Underrail. Just a thought really, nothing based from the current lore I think...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 10:16:48 am by Scrownger »
"Do you want to spin my mushrooms indefinitely?"

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 01:16:11 pm »
If it happens in Hexagon then I wonder if it will be before or after the events of Underrail.

Wr4i7h

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 04:52:53 pm »
I always suspected that it was going to be about the theft of the cube from the Faceless. Guess it's not going to be that after all.

Hexagon would be cool as hell. Hope we get to experience some XR.

Easy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 11:06:22 pm »
Hexagon would be cool. Would also work for a lead in in to Underrail 2 being set in the rest of North Underrail.

After Expedition, seems like the next plot point would be Dis, but I guess a certain artifact could end up elsewhere. Or Infusion could be a prequel about where another certain artifact was before making it to South Underrail.

deanisi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 05:51:27 am »
You guys are wrong, next game will take place in Detroit where our mc will try to take a shit in Detroit and along the way frees bio-droids from slavery and destroys "bio-life" company, which tried to kill all bio-droids who gained free will because of some virus.

But it's only the first part of the plot, as some insiders from IGN said:

"After nuclear devastation ravaged the earth and skies the second time, the people of Underrail retreated into the sprawling underground Metro system in order to survive, building tattered towns at various stations throughout. The world is populated by mutants, dangerous anomalies and a number of supernatural occurrences. In the midst of this strange setting, players take control of the young Douchebag and guide him on his quest to deliver an important message to a neighboring station. He'll fight a ton of generic enemies in order to get there, with a few surprises along the way."

P.S. Here's leaked concept art.

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2022, 02:35:30 am »
It's possible that we could end up in one of the 3 other places settled by New Frontier Technologies or even somewhere settled by one of the other 4 corporations that we haven't seen yet. 

aofangs

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 12:18:40 am »
I've never heard the game (or anyone actually) speculate or really talk about East Underrail, since we know Dis is in North Underrail, Grey Army base is in the West and us in the South so... what's over there?

Edit: actually doing a little digging Gunner Edstrom owner of JKK hails from the East but otherwise we have no idea what's over there.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 12:23:22 am by aofangs »
Conquer yourself, so no one else can.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 05:30:23 pm »
Edit: but otherwise we have no idea what's over there.
Slavery
Valor's favorite poster

aofangs

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 01:38:46 pm »
Slavery

Honestly wouldn't be surprised with everything we've seen so far.
Conquer yourself, so no one else can.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 03:07:44 pm »
Slavery

Honestly wouldn't be surprised with everything we've seen so far.

He's saying it's the one thing we do know (according to rumors, at least) is over there.
*eurobeat intensifies*