Author Topic: Choosing DOMINATING should enable all random events/NPCs/locations  (Read 870 times)

johnaaron

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
It would be a really cool incentive for subsequent play-throughs if choosing DOMINATING difficulty allowed players to see all random/missable/optional events and content. I also think it fits within the theme of "unique/buffed content" of vanilla DOMINATING.

Booth, Carol, abandoned sofa etc. There's just so many cool miss-able things and I think it would cut down on re-rolling/save-scumming/data-mining needed to see them all.

Hope everyone is having a good week :)
-Aaron

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing DOMINATING should enable all random events/NPCs/locations
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 10:36:19 pm »
makes other diffuculties worse.Random ivents are random, they give unique flavor to each run, i see why it should stay as it is, with slight timer  tweak between them

AGlezB

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing DOMINATING should enable all random events/NPCs/locations
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 04:21:07 pm »
If setting the difficulty to max would allow me to see it all in one playthrough I'd be very happy.

Random ivents are random, they give unique flavor to each run, i see why it should stay as it is, with slight timer  tweak between them

It's a game. Random or not random is a choice of the developers and nothing more.
The fact is I don't have enough free time to replay the game again and again just to see every random event.
That means I won't be able to enjoy part of the painstakingly crafted content just because RNGesus gave the wrong number in which case that content might as well not exist and all the work the devs put into it was wasted.

In this context random should not be a matter of if but of when.