Author Topic: Self driving to Black Sea: can you still join the Expedition?  (Read 928 times)

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Self driving to Black Sea: can you still join the Expedition?
« on: August 23, 2022, 12:11:45 pm »
Someone suggested I should go to the Black Sea with the new Camp Hathor jetski to cheese myself some easy loot. Can I still join the expedition if I enter the area by myself? I know there's a cutscene showing the boats leaving Core City to go to the outpost, and I think I remember the expedition is hostile to you by default.
I'd be okay with joining the pirates, I just want to keep my options open so I can do the first quest for the expedition.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Self driving to Black Sea: can you still join the Expedition?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 12:15:26 pm »
You cannot explore Black Sea on your own and still join the expedition.
If you enter black sea alone, you will see a cinematic of Aegis arriving there without you. If you go and try to meet them in the camp, they will treat you like an intruder and become hostile.
Valor's favorite poster

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 12:58:25 pm »
Alright, guess I'll do an oligarch questline... or join the Protectorate (I kind of wanted to try doing the Phreak line this time).

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 02:30:14 pm »
Alright, guess I'll do an oligarch questline... or join the Protectorate (I kind of wanted to try doing the Phreak line this time).
You can do both Phreak quests and Oligarch quests, you need to however finish all of Phreak's quests before talking to Oligarch boss or else he will disappear. Joining Protectorate/Free Drones also does not affect Phreak at all.
Valor's favorite poster

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 02:50:57 pm »
Joining Protectorate was for joining the Expedition (according to the wiki, just joining them is sufficient)