Author Topic: Balor's Hammer Dominating Build No Psi.  (Read 3828 times)

Balor1

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Balor's Hammer Dominating Build No Psi.
« on: September 24, 2022, 05:23:29 am »
Hello. I am looking for a viable Dominating build that a) Uses Balor's Hammer and b) Doesn't use psi at all. I don't care if I use light armor or heavy armor. Is this hypothetical build even possible?

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Balor's Hammer Dominating Build No Psi.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 03:41:53 pm »
It’s possible, but you’re better off using a crafted Tichrome hammer, Super Steel Hammer, Mind Cracker, or Quake over Balor’s Hammer. Tichrome and Mind Cracker can swing 3 times at 50 ap if you’re wearing tabis, and Super Steel and Quake can swing 4 times with adrenaline. Balor’s hammer can only swing 3 times when using vit power, and can’t use pummel for 0 ap when fully specced, unlike other hammers. If you have high enough strength you’ll instantly kill most enemies even without Balor’s hammer, so it really isn’t worth it over other hammer options now. Check out Pigman’s ultimate hammer guide for some ideas for building a hammer build.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »
Those last couple feats can be whatever you want.  This was made back before Balors got nerfed, but it's still applicable.  The only real downside is that it doesnt get real good until lategame.  Use a spiked tichrome hammer until you can use balors effectively.  Gear would be:  Deaths Grin, Rathound Regalia, Lifting Belt, Ninja Tabis, and use a str food like bison milk.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 08:29:38 pm »
Yes, and as matter of fact, I did it.
I wouldnt recommend it with heavy armor, stay relatively mobile because you will need to move.
I recommend going TiChrome/SS Nimble can, you will need Nimble, Fully Spec'd Armor Sloping, Bodyweight Training and Strider boots.

A lot of enemies like to kite you, and beside grenades you wont have any ranged defense, so you need to be able to close the distance and get around corners
You can try going 7 Will and go for Stoicism, the strongest tank feat in the game

Still, I dont recommend it, build is countered by a lot of things and it will be a struggle whenever you encounter non-conventional attackers (Acid attackers, thought controllers, electrokinesis users, cold Metathermic psions, etc), it is doable to beat it on Dominating, it will just extremely painful

https://underrail.info/build/?HgwDAwoFBwYAMgDCoAAAAFpBAAB9wocKbmQAAAAAPMKgVQgkRVBfYy1EDR8SwoFgwrZ8wqc84p-EAeKhhwTio5MF4qeCAuKrhgPfvw
This is how I would it
*Snort*

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 10:34:07 pm »
Oh, on the build I posted, use barbaton instead of balors most of the time.  Balors is fine vs robots or in certain fights.
*eurobeat intensifies*