Author Topic: Make Mounted Drill Attack and Shield Bash scale damage with melee skill  (Read 953 times)

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Both of these abilities use melee skill for accuracy, but not damage, which doesn't make much sense. They both already have a downside by requiring specific armor that each come with their own drawbacks, and right now Mounted Drill Attack and Shield Bash are massively outclassed by all other combat options. 

aofangs

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I can't speak in complete confidence why the shield bash shouldn't be buffed, but as for the former drill attack I'm guessing for one reason. Technically you have the drill on a dreadnaught which is used for maybe only one mission in the main storyline? (Unless you mean for actual NPCs then sure or glitches) So the short amount of time just doesn't seem to be used as often in relation to player interaction. And NPCs usually use the mounted gun anyways.
Conquer yourself, so no one else can.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
I can't speak in complete confidence why the shield bash shouldn't be buffed, but as for the former drill attack I'm guessing for one reason. Technically you have the drill on a dreadnaught which is used for maybe only one mission in the main storyline? (Unless you mean for actual NPCs then sure or glitches) So the short amount of time just doesn't seem to be used as often in relation to player interaction. And NPCs usually use the mounted gun anyways.

Mounted Drill attack is the ability granted by the Industrial Powered Exoskeleton. You're thinking of the drill weapon on Protectorate Dreadnoughts, which already scales with melee skill because it is a melee weapon.   

aofangs

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile

Mounted Drill attack is the ability granted by the Industrial Powered Exoskeleton. You're thinking of the drill weapon on Protectorate Dreadnoughts, which already scales with melee skill because it is a melee weapon.

Ah my bad, don't mind my stupidity then bre.
Conquer yourself, so no one else can.