Author Topic: Phreak's quest can fail for seemingly no reason  (Read 907 times)

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Phreak's quest can fail for seemingly no reason
« on: February 21, 2023, 11:44:55 am »
I met him and accepted his quest to get the cables he's after from the Acid Hunters. Then joined JKK, met Endstrom who assigned me to find the Acid Hunters too. This immediately rendered Phreak's quest to fail. WHY? He just want his cables that happen to be left where the Acid Hunters are, a group he couldn't care less. I thought about doing 2 quests at once, but apparently that's not possible... I don't get it.
Since Phreak's quest sounds like the road less travelled, I'll be reverting to a previous save and won't be joining a faction until I finished with Phreak. I just hope that I will be able to join JKK after I finished with Phreak despite the fact that JKK's reason to contact the Acid Hunters is quite specific. Then I will be meeting with the Acid Hunters again? This makes even less sense than allowing both quests to be done simultaneously. Especially since Phreak just wants his stupid cables.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Phreak's quest can fail for seemingly no reason
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 02:47:20 pm »
It's because by that point phreak is gone and you can't turn your quest in.  Once you talk to an oligarch you have missed out on phreak content.
*eurobeat intensifies*

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 02:52:42 pm »
You can do Phreak's quests before meeting with the oligarch but he disappears after you meet with them (Simmons/Edstrom/Knight). If you wait for a while and look around in Core City, you'll learn why. Anyway, doing all of Phreak's quests and only then talking to the oligarch boss is safe.
Valor's favorite poster

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 03:34:14 pm »
If there's a valid reason I am not supposed to know then only a bit later, then I am glad. At least it's not something that happens without justification. Still, this way I learn about the motives of the oligarch's from the acid hunters which I can only hope it's ok. It just seemed a lot more sensible to just grab the cables while I'm there for whatever reason as Phreak himself mentioned that he could not care less about the group. Anyway, thanks for the answers, I had a strong hunch I need to make a save before enlisting to an oligarch.