Author Topic: help with psionics sword build  (Read 2175 times)

Shagga

• Noob
    • View Profile
help with psionics sword build
« on: February 22, 2023, 06:25:09 am »
I like the idea of psionics but also having a backup method of damage

is there a viable build based on the skills of melee, thought control, and temporal manipulation?

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: help with psionics sword build
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 08:17:46 am »
Weapons are the only source of damage you'll ever need.
Psi usually serves as support and crowd control for hybrids. You can take temporal manipulation with swords and it works pretty good (like with everything) since this psi class is filled with support skills.
If you want to try thought control, it is better paired with knives.
Valor's favorite poster

Shagga

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 03:53:09 am »
Weapons are the only source of damage you'll ever need.
Psi usually serves as support and crowd control for hybrids. You can take temporal manipulation with swords and it works pretty good (like with everything) since this psi class is filled with support skills.
If you want to try thought control, it is better paired with knives.

I see. I would like to use both schools precisely because they offer support. And is there anything you'd recommend?

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 06:58:50 am »
You can try knives with both temporal manipulation and thought control. The issue is that thought control requires quite a bit of investment in both the skill and Will stat to make it work unlike temporal manipulation where with 3 Will and 70 points you have basically everything you need. Swords require a bit of strength to even use them so they use up a bit more base stat investment unlike with knives which can dump strength completely and focus on dexterity.

Here's some basic outline for a TC TM knifer i scrambled quickly: https://underrail.info/build/?HgMOBwMDCgYAAADCoCgAAAAAAAAZAAAKAMKgAABGAAAAOTErLAASEwYqIUvChzxcZcKzQuKdjQXin4QB4qe-Cd-_

If you are interested more in swords, check Siphonerman build by harperfan.
Valor's favorite poster