Author Topic: New Player: Help with Ninja Melee build?  (Read 2800 times)

BambooChamploo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
New Player: Help with Ninja Melee build?
« on: February 26, 2023, 12:21:19 am »
Hey guys, I'm looking to create a Stealthy build focused around Ambushes with Grenades but I'd also like to be able to fight in melee. Where should I put my stats and skills? If I focus on Melee, Stealth, and Throwing should I go Strength or do I do Dexterity? What Psi disciplines should I dip into, or should I go pure? I've got a lot of questions, and I'd appreciate your help guys.

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: New Player: Help with Ninja Melee build?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 10:24:54 am »
You can check this build, could be close to what you could like

https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=7739.0

BambooChamploo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 08:51:54 pm »
Thanks for attempting to help me, but that's not quite what I intended to create. I am not really looking to blitz enemies in melee so much as use stealth and throwing weapons to sneakily take them out, and additionally be able to deliver backstabs. I've actually been thinking of using a spear since apparently it synergizes really well with throwing. I'm also not that interested in psionics featuring heavily in this character but I'm open to including it. Another idea I was thinking of was to take Versatility and be a Versatile Ninja/Stealth build.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 09:21:41 pm by BambooChamploo »

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 10:52:47 pm »
Your idea for a build is very general, you might want to make it more specific. Also your second post seems at times conflicting with what you wrote first. You either fight in melee or you don't at all.

Versatility is in fact - not very versatile. It basically is only useful if you use light firearms like SMGs and pistols to put points into DEX rather than PER and to a lesser degree certain semi-obscure experimental builds.

You can take enemies from stealth with basically any weapon as long as it is not too loud but in most areas you are off to fight a battle against many opponents with no chance for stealth.

>I'm also not that interested in psionics featuring heavily
TM is basically a win more button. There isn't really any tactics with it, it just gives more AP and an ability to be immune to everything for a while. It's the least psionic psi class.

Here are some relatively noob friendly example builds i can suggest:

Knifer + throwing: https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQCAUDBQYAPADCoMKgwqBQAAAAABkAAAoAAAAAAAAAADkxJhYSEwY8S1xRAE5BwrNC4p2NBeKfhAHip74G4qi7A9-_

Spear + throwing: https://underrail.info/build/?HhAHBgYDAwUAwqAAwqAoAGQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOSYkFsKUBsKsEjxLwpVODT7CtuKfhAHis6ID4rOkA-K3iAXit4kC378

As a general rule, feel free to slap as much stealth/throwing as you want if you can afford to invest the skill points. They are basically support skills, not really meant as a main focus of a character.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 11:02:10 pm by PaposikG6 »
Valor's favorite poster

BambooChamploo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 01:12:36 am »
Thanks a ton for the advice Paposik! I'll definitely keep that in mind when playing and replaying. If you can't really mix and match I think I'll go for a more tanky melee build instead.