Author Topic: Phreak's Glove  (Read 915 times)

gh0stwizard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Phreak's Glove
« on: June 01, 2023, 07:28:53 pm »
After years the game is looking very simply:
* Tribals - annihilated for oddities (oddities!!!).
* Muties in waterways facility - annihilated without any reason. They just like do jumping on jet skis and this has no soul of Fallout!
* Phreak - annihilated, just because of the damn glove. Yes, because even Q164 shields do require Electronics 169. Okay, war never changes, but what is the war against Phreak?!

In the end, our hero is even worse than CAU. At least last one fight with their enemies, instead of doing brainless kills.

Suggestion: Phreak should leave his glove on the table near by his laptop after completing all his quests. Poor soul even doesn't drop an oddity. Or nerf it and remove its all crafting bonuses (by your own plot he even doesn't believe in usefulness of Haxxors...).

Kekus Maximus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Phreak's Glove
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 06:14:31 am »
With the addition of Phreak's questsline, you don't need to kill fucking anyone (sentient) in this game, except final boss.

>In the end, our hero is even worse than CAU
You mean, your character is worse than CAU. You are using meta knowledge to get the most profits, so why even bother thinking about morals?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 08:05:31 am by Kekus Maximus »

gh0stwizard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 10:33:01 am »
With the addition of Phreak's questsline, you don't need to kill fucking anyone (sentient) in this game, except final boss.

>In the end, our hero is even worse than CAU
You mean, your character is worse than CAU. You are using meta knowledge to get the most profits, so why even bother thinking about morals?
1. The game does not allow a pacifist run. Enrage is offensive ability and it does not make enemies to become your friends (e.g., it works the same as shot from a tranquilizer with rabies ampule).
2. This is the game. But all games teach something, in this case kill innocent people. Among the bonuses the glove is top-notch fist weapon. There is no other fist weapon with similar effects. So, if you are so cool. Show me how you beat the last boss with 5mm pistol from the start on DOM! Yes, no magic s**t, only this crappy pistol, that's all you have. It is RPG! Plus, you can't kill any muties, they are humans. You can't kill dogs, they are humans too. More than that the last boss is a human too (many humans to be precise). LMAO. So, that's all, you're lost.

Even more, psi beetles also humans, wish you or not. They have brain and do the same magic stuff as your lovely character does. Phew-phew, ice shards, phew-phew, fireballs, phew-phew, bilocation, etc. You can't kill beetles too then.

Going by this logic, you can't kill rathounds. They are humans too. You can't kill robots, they are humans too. Why then there is an option to persuade the robot, hah?  Needless to say, Detritus is a human, so all tchortlings are humans. So, how exactly you did beat final boss without Enrage and the stuff above, hah?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:06:25 am by gh0stwizard »

Kekus Maximus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 04:18:49 pm »
I've completed an almost pacifist run on Dominating, and I even have saves left. And fully pacifist run is also possible. What is not possible is no kills run, and no combat run. Definition is key. I will make an entire post about this run in general sometime later.

To be short:
1)My rule for this run was: "My actions should not cause harm and unnecessary deaths if possible". That is how I defined pacifist run.

2)There are 2 things you are absolutely must kill in order to finish the main story - Pulsating roots and Tchort.

3)Robots, any critters, animals, etc. are okay to kill if necessary.

THEORETICALLY, even 3) can be avoided with one single exception.

Now, for the "almost" part:
In this run I did not kill a single mutie or mutant, however I did caused deaths of 3 humans if I remember correctly (Jack's first quest, I accidentally exploded a barrel near rathounds with electrokinesis, and the sound attracted thugs, and then rathounds killed them). I killed a few stalkers in Arke Basement (I think it's avoidable), some robots and psi-beetles. Spiders in a lab near Foundry. Possibly some rathounds, dogs and mutant dogs, I don't remember.

There is a lot of BS in your post, like
"You can't kill dogs, they are humans too"
"psi beetles also humans, wish you or not"
"you can't kill rathounds. They are humans too. You can't kill robots, they are humans too"
and especially
"But all games teach something, in this case kill innocent people"

I'm not going to reply to all this, I'll just say it's wrong. Also Tchort is not a human(s). It was once, but not anymore.

Returning to the topic of this thread -
>It is RPG!
Exactly. Clearly Phreak needs this shit, or else he would sell it to you or give it as award for doing his quests. You either kill him and get the glove, or you don't kill him because he did nothing wrong to you, but in that case you won't get the glove. A rather basic example of choice as far as RPGs go, but still. If you remove the choice, RPG part of the game will be gone, and it's already not a strong part of Underrail in my opinion. And finally, it's not a big deal to miss this item.

Someone have completed pacifist run on youtube, I think it was Tygrende; he used Enrage on tentacles to get the boss.
In my run, I used Temporal Manipulation and Psychokinesis.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 05:18:00 pm by Kekus Maximus »

Zeem

• Oculite
  • Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 04:31:51 pm »
Maybe you could consider not being such a loot goblin as to murder an old man in cold blood over a mediocre glove.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2023, 02:33:58 am »
The game does allow pacifist, with the exception of the big mushroom in the forest and the end boss.
*eurobeat intensifies*

gh0stwizard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2023, 07:06:37 am »
Also Tchort is not a human(s). It was once, but not anymore.
Who give you a right to judge? Period.

Man, you don't know the lore of the game. Ask Faceless + Six in DC, they will tell you everything. Tchort is the experiment, he itself is a combination of dozen people. He speaks (like tribals) only with whose he wants to speak.

Next, Six is a cyborg, and you do whatever he wants to. Faceless are humans, like muties (they say this as white letters on transparent window to you). And they say that Six is not of their kind. He is the alien. You trust alien. You do whatever Faceless want to.

Next, Dude's words "A Connor". The direct reference to Terminator...

In the end, you blindless killing machine and nothing more. As I said before. Phreak is just a cherry on top of the cake.

The game does allow pacifist, with the exception of the big mushroom in the forest and the end boss.

Ah, this is pointless. Either you + Kekus forgot what's the real pacifist run or never played in Fallout 1/2. Watch this and stop saying that Underrail allows pacifist run (at least put pacifist word in quotes):

https://www.youtube.com/@SecretAdept/videos
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:15:03 am by gh0stwizard »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 07:23:36 am »
It's pacifist.  You can't talk the endboss into kyssing, but you can sneak/persuade/run past everything until then.
*eurobeat intensifies*

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2023, 09:11:13 am »
This is a combat-oriented game, you may want to play something else if that's such a problem to you. Also noone is forcing the player to murder every single living thing in their path, you can very easily ignore all of the examples you posted in your OP and very little will change.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:16:46 am by PaposikG6 »
Valor's favorite poster