Author Topic: using beds at sgs and player penthouse in order to pass time and fully heal  (Read 701 times)

Leviathan

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
since in expedition the cot bed is a thing it would make sense to give about same function to beds at sgs and penthouse that would pass 40 minutes of ingame time so instead of using cheat engine for merchant refresh and speeding the game at 5x to get something time sensitive done there would be ingame function that does so

maybe add sketchy resting places like at drop zone so it may proc events where you are being mugged for real

it also would bring some sense of normalcy to player character that he isnt loot powered hunter killer machine that secretes modafinil to function

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I think a built-in merchant refresh would make players bring even more loot. Really you might as well let merchants buy infinite supplies of what they're interested in, and have infinite money. It would save the trip back and forth from the bed.
Even SGS credits shouldn't exist, since it'd be just a trip from the bed to Jonas/Blaine.

The two time-sensitive events I can think of (merchants and super steel) are there exactly so people don't have to do scummy gameplay. They're meant to make you move on and take what they get.

The only thing I agree is that certain components can be essential to certain builds and legitimately not appear anywhere until you're way past level 15. Even some parts like a low quality electroshock generator for your taser might just never appear before Ezra moves on to higher quality goods. I think this should be mean more fixed goods on vendors and more guaranteed loot in critical spots, not vendor refresh

Leviathan

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
you can do it with rifts very conveniently yet, besides local progamers already developed many strats to raise buck quick so i dont think it would be even a thing unless some schizophrenic would consider going to sgs merchants back and forth for worst currency to traders that are not very likey to buy all the shit for five minutes of realtime each sweep a solid idea