Author Topic: Melee- 10 or 12 Dex  (Read 1901 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Melee- 10 or 12 Dex
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:07:48 am »
So, I started a new build today, after a longer break.
Gonna be a melee fighter with 3 Strength, so lots of dex and agi.
I seriously don't know why I got will and per on 4 instead of 3, but that's what I'm going to go with.

Anyways, I've been at that warehouse, and the place is seriously heavy on the oddities.
Got a [suspicious]periscope in the junk before the door, and a stock list + divers helmet in there for a total of 8 XP.[/suspicious] (And a wealth of other equipment)
I'm now in a position to spend my first attribute point.

The main thought-line:

Since I last played Melee, unarmed seems to have lost any reason for existence, but I'm not yet entirely sure of that.
I got some cave hopper tabi boots (early but, at my current knowledge of the stats, I don't think I'll ever need other footwear) and the 20% reduction from Dexterity,
bringing unarmed melee attacks down to 7 AP at 5-8 damage. My Combat gloves are 6-9 damage at 8, one attack less; the 20% reduction is apparently rounded to a reduction of 3 points.

If I got another point of Dexterity, I'll drop to 6 Ap for the unarmed attack, but it'll take me another Dex (So, level 8) to get the gloves one lower. The Important point here is that I'm not quite sure how Lightning Punches will stack up with it.
So, should get the Dex, maybe take Agi instead, or even go for Constitution(The points on Will/PER are missing there, obviously, so that's 5 atm)?
Are there any Items with +Dex that I missed? Is the whole path a recipe for failure?
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Melee- 10 or 12 Dex
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:37:46 am »
Dex melee is certainly viable now. I feel it's finally in right place.

10 or 12 Dex? 12. Possibly even more.

Lightning Punches gives flat reduction of -2 AP per attacks. It stacks well with high Dex.

What's your Int? It should be at least 5 for Cheap Shots and Expose Weakness. Those perks are essential (or at least very good) for low damage, fast attack build.

There's Eel Sandwich food, that gives +2 Dex for 5 min. Useful for testing AP reduction from Dex.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Melee- 10 or 12 Dex
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 05:08:52 pm »
Guess I'll go for max Dex then, allows more attacks.
I'm starting to worry if that unnecessary point in Will will come back to bite me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:47:23 pm by UnLimiTeD »
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.