Author Topic: Improve camp defenses/Placing traps & mines  (Read 590 times)

fuin996

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Improve camp defenses/Placing traps & mines
« on: September 03, 2023, 10:59:56 am »
every time I lay down traps on the beachhead and go clear out the nexus of tech, every time I came out, somebody from the camp triggers my one of my traps and aggros me immediately the moment I load up on the beach. Any specific spots I should/shouldnt place 'em?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Improve camp defenses/Placing traps & mines
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 01:07:45 pm »
How do you know they are triggering a trap?
*eurobeat intensifies*

fuin996

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 01:14:49 pm »
I honestly dont know if its even the traps/mines they're setting off or some other thing, at this point im just getting rid of all mines and moving all the traps further away from the beachhead

fuin996

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 02:58:19 pm »
confirmed it by reloading previous saves, taking the sonocaster makes the whole camp aggro me, I havent even started one camp quest
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 03:16:01 pm by fuin996 »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 07:10:11 pm »
That's your problem.  You were told to go to the west storage depot, not explore other ruins.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 06:42:35 pm »
Yep, what one could expect if instead of starting working as a mercenary - one would just waltz off away from the company, right after arriving to one's area of service, and be away for days if not weeks. They'd think all sorts of things - that one is a spy or saboteur, and will indeed shoot on sight. :)

That said, getting sonocaster itself won't make the Camp hostile - just gotta go get it after doing a few quests for the Camp, once they say one is free to go around. I think at very least two Camp quests plus 1st Camp defense are to be done, but may be a few more - memory hazy.
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr