Author Topic: Endgame crafted psi armor - need advice  (Read 791 times)

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Endgame crafted psi armor - need advice
« on: October 10, 2023, 02:23:57 pm »
So i got some good parts - q183 laminated panel, q115 psi beetle carapace, and couple vests - one q167 giving bio resist and treshold, the other q169 giving some 80+ bonus health. What i can't decide - is which vest is better to use for Expedition playthrough. Thing is, i'm done with Deep Caverns (Tchort dead), and almost all side quests in the base game - but there's whole Expedition / Black Sea still to do. I didn't even start it. So, is it better to go Expedition while having bio resist / treshold or some 80+ extra health?

All opinions welcome!

Also, are there any sure ways to find / grind / buy any higher quality parts for a psi tactical armor than quality listed above, some time during Expedition? Planning to join pirates this time (never did before), so maybe they sell some higher quality (than listed above) parts?

P.S. ain't going to use Psi Crab plates, too: way too heavy. Black Cloth is merely q142, but i don't mind - carrying around Rathound Regalia for sneaky times, as its movement bonus is so great for stealth plus it has 0% armor penalty and bonus Stealth on it, as well.
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Endgame crafted psi armor - need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 11:26:24 pm »
Bio with supersteel.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 12:28:11 pm »
Don't want supersteel 'cause it's extra 5% armor penalty, and it's already 75 mechanical treshold vs bullets with Laminated q183 and psi beetle carapace. Not getting shot any often, and melee attacks are being avoided altogether.
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 12:32:35 pm »
Well there's definitely a lot of bio threats in expedition so i'd go with that if you want to keep the same gear as often as possible
I'm Potoldski on discord

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 02:04:30 pm »
Well there's definitely a lot of bio threats in expedition so i'd go with that if you want to keep the same gear as often as possible
Good point. Plus it ain't just about using same gear for convinience, too - it's also having bio protection _and_ bonuses to psi skills and cost in the same time.

Bio protection it is, then. Thanks for helping me decide! :)

P.S. Just crafted it and here's a screenie. Ain't this a hella nice armor - only 15% armor penalty with a feat for -15%, too.  8)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 02:10:07 pm by Fins »

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 06:30:01 pm »
Don't want supersteel 'cause it's extra 5% armor penalty, and it's already 75 mechanical treshold vs bullets with Laminated q183 and psi beetle carapace. Not getting shot any often, and melee attacks are being avoided altogether.

Its always about preference. Mobility VS DT. I remember my SS psi vest was like 42 DT with 270%. And I was glad to have that much vs pirates, cause hits around 120-150 were not rare. Of course Armour penalty was 45 (as far as I remember). But I had no dodge/evasion so well worth it.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2023, 11:13:14 pm »
Its always about preference. Mobility VS DT. I remember my SS psi vest was like 42 DT with 270%. And I was glad to have that much vs pirates, cause hits around 120-150 were not rare. Of course Armour penalty was 45 (as far as I remember). But I had no dodge/evasion so well worth it.
Very true. And it's not only dodge/evasion which is a factor - it's also all sorts of other things. In my case, i deal with 'em pirate gunners by casting Cryogenic Barrier - having maxed Metathermics, this low-AP, low-psi ability is just awesome at both dealing extra AoE damage and creating a helluva big area full of ice crystals which soak a ctapton of shots. It even completely protects vs packs of gunner muties supported by plasma turrets when fighting through Abandoned Waterway Facility - unlike however high obtainable DT, which at times gets penetrated all the same by a lucky long-range (beyond visual range) Aimed Shot from some sniper rifle or crossbow. But these ice fields? Nope, can't chew through 'em while they last. Too many crystals to take out - again, if maxing Metathermics, of course.

Lovin' it, tbh. %)