Author Topic: Ammunition Supply?  (Read 2069 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Ammunition Supply?
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:55:16 am »
So, as the thread title says:
What are your experiences with ammunition supply?
My Gunslinger with a .44 Hammerer and Energy Pistols obviously had only limited problems, but 8.6mm Auto seems to run out fast.
If I intend to burst SMGs or Assault Rifles, will 7.72mm do, or is the supply still too short? Should I maybe carry two weapons of different calibers?

Also, does Opportunist work on suppressed targets? And is there any reason to circumvent the automatic combat always interrupting what I was just doing?
I fire a burst, combat opens after the first shot, and I start the round with no action points and one measly shot fired.
And will "Suppressed" stack?
Edit: Just noticed Burst has a 1 turn cooldown. Ah well, there go all my ammo worries. A pity.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:20:53 pm by UnLimiTeD »
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Ammunition Supply?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:58:26 pm »
With most of my gun characters I carry a variety of guns that require different ammo types.

I haven't played a burst character very far yet, but it seems like it's more important for burst characters than any other kind to be cautious of ammo supply.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 03:07:18 pm »
The way I did a few versions ago with a gun character was having a sniper and an assault rifle.

Most of the times I used the sniper except when the enemy was so close that a burst of the assault rifle was the better option.

Doing it like that never caused me a bullet deficit.

Course, since then there has been a lot of changes, especially towards the merchant system so i can't say for sure it works. However, you kill most things with a sniper rifle in one shot. Grenades help killing things very easily too, especially if you can craft them.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:29:53 pm »
Well, I noticed I can generally pay for the Ammo in 7.62 mm, and I can gather enough of other ammo types.
However, as I now noticed that I can't burst twice a turn, the character has suddenly become boring.
Guess I'll shelf it for a while, maybe *hint, hint* ;) we'll one day get a feat that allows us an extra burst per round, maybe as a combat opener depending on having the specops feat ;)

Guess I'll restart my heavy burst char, which I dropped because I only saved after reaching level 4 and that was the level I bought kneecap shot without reading that it doesn't work on ARs.^^
A pity, I already had two of them by level 7.  :D

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »
Hmm, then that would be a good feat.
Still, when bursting only works once, the char doesn't doesn't fly anymore; Which was getting enough dex to burst twice per round and then take cover.
9MM seems relatively rare and unused, but the caliber has the advantage of the probably best SMG bar very high level components, and it's good at bursting, too.  8)